WnSoft Forums

segment Objects (Objects & Animation Tab) [SOLVED]

fxdesigner

Not sure of the approach here.
1. I want to place a blank slide. (OK)
2. I want to ADD 3 independent objects on that slide (via objects & animation tab) (OK)
3. I want EACH object to be in a sequence BUT independent of each other ON THE SAME SLIDE. (by default they are linked - need to be independent object(s))
4. Each segment needs to rotate slightly and fall (as in tumbling) to simulate a collapse

When I try to do this the hierarchy LINKS the objects together by default.
Is it possible to have the animation of each be only as a parent object and not a child of that parent?
(I could do this in Flash or After Effects - but I would like the 'container' to be inclusive to PTE).

Any insight is appreciated
FX Designer

UPDATE: I believe I figured it out...

After inserting an initial object, the boundary frame (green >> Objects & Animation module) of that object was highlighted
and when inserting any sequential object it automatically was becoming the CHILD of the previously inserted PARENT Frame/Object.
Simply by clicking anywhere AWAY from the highlighted boundary and THEN inserting an additional object - makes the newly inserted
object an independent PARENT object that can be manipulated as required without any impact to any previously inserted objects.

• fxdesigner changed the title to segment Objects (Objects & Animation Tab) SOLVED

Hi FX Designer

Yes you have figured it out yourself. You just have to make sure that the first object is not highlighted when you add the next if you don't want it to be a child object.

If you want to create a child object highlight the object you want to make it a child of and then add the new object.

Gogs.

• Igor changed the title to segment Objects (Objects & Animation Tab) [SOLVED]