WnSoft Forums

Large Demo Of Styles

Lin Evans

It occurred to me that for new users of PTE, finding a style to fit their needs can be a daunting task because they must select the proper number of images then click on each style to see how it looks. This is quite time consuming so I have created a show which is fully user controlled. This show contains a great number of styles with labels for each so that the user can simply pause the show and write down the name of any style(s) they wish to use in their own shows. By using the spacebar one can pause and resume the show and by using the forward, backward arrows and navigation bar quickly navigate to any place in the show. I believe this will help people quickly not only find styles they may want to use but get an appreciation for some of the things which can be done with styles. There is a PC and Mac version and the download is about 55 meg. The show if left unattended runs for a little over 15 minutes.

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.org/styledemo/DemoofStylesPC.zip

http://www.lin-evans.org/styledemo/DemoofStylesMac.zip

Lin, very good and helpful visual tool ..

I'm also interested in learning the why and when you use certain object like "masks", "frames" and hidden shortcut not in the document.  Maybe in the form of tidbits ...

I just discovered in O&A adding the shift key control the Y and X rotation.

best regards

Sami

Hi Guys,

Thanks - hopefully it will help make it easier to quickly see how some of the available styles look without the effort of selecting the needed number - applying the style and repeating for each instance. I'll try to repeat this with more styles as they become available. What would really be great is if we could get volunteers to take perhaps 20 styles each and create demos which could be cataloged and put into a reference library. That way a new user could download the library and go through the available styles without having to try each one which is pretty time consuming.

Best regards,

Lin

• 3 months later...

Hi Shirley,

Some automatically come with PTE, but many are found in the Styles and Templates portion of the forum. User created styles are generally linked there. Perhaps I might be able to zip up the ones I have and provide a link but you can download them individually into a folder of your choice. Once you have then downloaded, then use "Slidestyles" "Tools"  "Import Styles" then navigate to where you have them stored to load them into your styles.

Give me a little time and I'll see if I can collect the ones I have and I'll put up a link to a zipped archive...

Best regards,

Lin

O.K. Shirley,

I have exported and zipped all the categories which are possible to export from my own system. Because of a PTE bug, there are multiple "User" categories which I just renamed User, User1, User2, etc.  When you download the zipped file, create a folder and extract and you will see what appears to be a few styles. They are actually categories and when you import they will expand and give you multiple styles in each category. 

http://www.lin-evans.org/shirley/allstyles.zip

Lin

• 3 weeks later...