WnSoft Forums

Rubik's Cube Mirror Frame

Craig

Hi Craig,

It's possible if you have and are fairly adept with Photoshop. You might look at this post from a while back. The file miroircadre.png would need to be modified as well as the file  miroirtain.png being certain to maintain the original file dimensions. Then the results would need to overwrite the originals in the file {AFCB566A-347A-477A-A60A-C55769F41121}. 

Best regards,

Lin

One suggestion - when you get to the point where you overwrite the two files in {AFCB566A-347A-477A-A60A-C55769F41121} (miroirtain.png and miroircadre.png) - rename the originals right inside the file to something like oldmiroirtain.png and oldmiroircadre.png so you can recover the originals if something isn't just right and you need to make further adjustments. That way you can always go back to {AFCB566A-347A-477A-A60A-C55769F41121} and switch back to the original or use your modified files. There is no problem with leaving the renamed but unused files inside the container. If you have problems, send me the frame you want to use and I'll be glad to help you get it straightened out...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin-

With your help, I have managed to change the frame.  With frames shaped and sized like Jean-Cyprien's original frame, the new frames work pretty well, though a small portion of the upper-right corner of the new mirror frames often show a brief overlap (such as in your demo file at 00:10).

I am attaching sample file in which I used an oval shape as the mirror.  Is there any way to have the background photo conform to the curved edges of this oval?  I am not sure if conforming the background photo to the curved edge would be a Photoshop or a PTE function.

Thanks!

-Craig

Rubik Cube with Oval Frame_Jun4-2017_13-54-50.zip

Hi Craig,

The file "miroIrtain.png" must be modified so that its transparency fits the exact inside dimensions of the modified mirror frame. Keep the outside dimensions of your substitute mirror frame within the parameters of Jean Cyprien's original. If you deviate from this size, too many variables will be affected and you will end up with a huge project which probably will fail.

The reason you saw a slight imperfection in the corner of my quick sample was because I did not modify the file "miroirmasque.png" which is the mask that constrains the area which reflects the cube. In order to get your reflected image to be perfectly reflected in the change, you must also modify this file so that the "white" corresponds perfectly with the inside dimensions of the frame.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks again, Lin.  You're right...there are a lot of moving parts in this project, which gives me all the more respect for what Jean-Cyprien created with this Rubik's Cube, and for what you and many others continue to create with PTE.

-Craig