WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #1

Igor

Igor:

There seems to be a minor glitch with v4 beta.

When I am starting a new show, I bring in the folder with the images in it on the left side of the screen. If I am not using them all, I click on the first one I want, then CTRL+click on the rest individually. But the first image I picked drops off the selected list. I have to click on it again (CNTRL+click) and then I add all the images.

Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.

thx

Jim

Sharon:

I downloaded it and let install over top of 3.8. Worked fine.

Someone the other day did not want to lose 3.8 so they were advised to install 4.0 in a different folder within Program files.

Jim

Dear Igor,

Time-line graphically displays effect duration for the transition points

This is a great addition. helps enormously to control the transition.

My first tempt to produce a presentation I wasted a lot of time having the transitions run into each other. Now you can see the length on the scale.

Simply great!

yguy

Have you considered adding a "pan & zoom" feature? A coworker was really impressed with some of the presentations I made with PicturesToExe and he started try to create similar presentations with his Apple system. He used imovie make a slideshow with music. Then he played with the pan & zoom feature to start on a picture zoomed in and then pan around and zoom out. It almost makes the still jpegs feel like a movie.

Thoughts?

Welcome Stigt!

It's a good idea, and panning has already been requested by several forum members. But I think we won't have soon this (or these) feature, because PTE is designed essentially for hi-quality still pictures, and both pan and zoom should demand movie-like images, very difficult to have with a really high picture quality.

The way that GlobFX Composer works is to treat each image as an object. Several images can be stacked on top of each other in a similar way that "Layers" operates in Photoshop. Each image can then be panned or zoomed independently of all the others, and the dissolves are achieved by fading out one image so that the one(s) below are gradually revealed.

Its an interesting technique, but relies on the processing power of a 3D graphics card to work. If you've not got one, then the sequence may not even run. I used it for a wen Xmas card - have a look at GlobFX Composer Card This uses pan and zoom effects, and is only about 200k in total.

I'll add my vote for a similar functionality in PTE if Igor can find a way!

Ian

I've had this same problem in other software applications (e.g. my "Magician" slide projector dissolve system). The problem is even written into the manual, so it must be a difficult thing to program around for some reason. I've had it on other programs, too.

Ciao,

Al

Igor, first of all thanks for a great program and particularly for being so responsive to the users!

I've hit a problem trying to add an icon to a presentation with 4.00B1; I've created an icon using iconart, when I try and add the icon I get the message:

Incorrect icon file.

You can add 16x16 or 32x32 icon with 16 or 256 colours.

Details: Invalide icon file, Number of images must be 1.

I've tried icons created with Paint but get the same message.

Hi Andrew! Welcome!

This issue happens when .ICO files are not 8 bit (256 colors) or 4 bytes (16).

If you use Paint, save your image as .BMP 256 colors or .GIF (you cannot save as *.ICO). Then open your image with Irfanview and save as .ICO.

Do I recall that this new version of PTE was going to support image transparency (such that if I insert a .png file in the object editor which has an alpha channel that the image will show transparency?) "Brand X" now has this and it is very nice. Transparent .gif files would be ok, but they can only be 256-color. The .png format supports 24-bit color --and-- transparency too.

They've also added the capability for creating a Main Menu which will then launch multiple shows from there. (Yes, I know people have been doing this with PTE for a long time now, but it must be done manually.) It would be nice if PTE had a function that said "Create Main Menu" and then one could designate which shows should be included. Thanks to guys like NoBeefStu, and Boxig, nice "add-ons" have been developed for PTE, but isn't it time these things were incorporated into the program?

Go Wnsoft! The other horses are running ever faster!

About icons:

"Details: Invalide icon file, Number of images must be 1."

This message informs that included .ico file contains more than 1 sub-image.

The ICON format allows to create an .ico file with 16x16 and 32x32 icon images in the one .ico file. Please separate such icons as two files, - for 32x32 and for 16x16. PTE supports Icon images with 16 or 256 depth of color.

We're working on the next beta. Please wait a little. Now it's beginning of the year and we have much of usual office work.

Preview already works from necessary slide.

Also we're working on the much improved mp3 player. We hope that it will solve many current problems. And maybe presentations will start much faster (v4.10).

Thank you, I've added to my todo list the suggestion concerning special tool for creating of Main menu.

For me, I am not sure I would want/need a "CREATE MAIN MENU" to start various shows from.

There would still be manual work to select the shows you want to run from there and what flexibility would there be with backgrounds to make it look good etc etc. All which would be done "manually".

I find the use of the Object Editor on a single image PTE show gives me ultimate flexibilty, and little manual labour to create a "launch page" for my shows (and other exe files) that I might be using for various presentations.

But I am sure others have different needs and views.

Jim

Yep,

The leaner it is, the more responsive it will be to our commands. One of the main problems with Windoze and M Soffice is their humungous overhead! (Michel, let's see you translate that! :( )

Ciao,

Al