WnSoft Forums

Now 75 sec Excerpt Upcoming PTE Presentation + HD Video

fxdesigner

Hello all,

A few months ago - I posted some chromakey /mask / alpha examples of an upcoming presentation for promotion / lecture of a new history book (California). The book has been published and we are doing some after market promo design for presentation at various venues including education and museum locations.

To help facilitate the presentation work, we are using PTE 9 for USB / Computer / web  presentations, as well as HD (1920  x 1080) video (H.264 / H.265 ) output for use on Flat Screens and Projection systems (on site). We are developing a series of "module shorts" as well as several universal promotional pieces for use in-house and on site.

Most of the presentation (modules) will be in duration between 1:30 minutes and 3:30 minutes - ultimately a video encompassing all of the modules will be compiled and the result will be a nicely packaged (PTE + video) menu driven DVD series regarding local history in Santa Barbara, CA - from 14,000 b.c.e - thru present day.

One of the strengths of PTE is its audio/visual syncing as well as its layers for elements making it fairly straight forward to include transparency, clips, text (titles) and effects including chroma-keying, opacity levels, masks and pseudo Z-indexing with motion along an x and y axis. The end result for the work we do within PTE generally draws nice reviews and comments.

While our current project is still a work in progress, I thought I would share a (very) brief video clip that used PTE 9 in the majority of its construction that utilizes many of the features described above. The video on this web page is a 19.85MB compressed mp4 (H.264) file - the source file was an uncompressed AVI compiled file well over 3.56GB in size. While the web version is certainly a lesser quality, it still looks remarkably good.

Simply follow this link:  http://www.indeliblepixel.com to view a  "work-in-progress".

For consideration of bandwidth (internet connectivity) - the video presented is smaller than actual size (resolution/clarity) as the finished product's quality is much higher, but at the same time, this excerpt should be acceptable and while optimized for the web, it can be viewed full screen via its player controller. The presentation modules are all HD (not shown here).

This is a conceptual that was presented to the client for a preliminary approval and it is abbreviated - (75 seconds) with audio. The actual completed piece (which will be posted here when it is done) will be an intro to the project (overview) and will be approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds in length. With rare exception the graphics, illustrations and artwork elements shown here are all original, illustrated / drawn in Illustrator / Photoshop (CC2015). The US Flag overlay (with chroma key centered (transparency) was a stock photo (Adobe) and further edited in Photoshop. The slides are composites created and edited with the same referenced software and ported into PTE (along with an audio track, synced to the length of the video).

Igor makes a great product and is it cutting edge in nature, with most limitations (visually) being minimal. PTE is a product that we highly recommend for both the hobbyist and professional alike. Igor's team is to be commended.

regards,

FX Designer

SM_17_1006_Screen_Stills_002.jpg

SM_17_1006_Screen_Stills_008.jpg

SM_17_1006_Screen_Stills_009.jpg

Tauratinzwe,

I'm glad you liked the brief sample. PTE is what is remarkable here. The sample comp referenced is a combination of stills, converted Flash elements, stand-alone objects and select text effects (again, in some instances Flash-based when originally authored). There is also a couple video clips thrown in to spice the FX up and of course as previously mentioned overlays, multiple layers, chroma-key elements, keyframes, timing elements, scaling, zooming, opacity values and several audio tracks.

It is fairly labor intensive, but worth the effort and PTE 9 makes the project fun as well as at some level allowing for a little experimentation (some works better than others). As I also mentioned, once the pieces are all put in place, I will provide a link to view the completed and expanded project. We really enjoy the ease and power of PTE and on occasion we like to share the possibilities. It isn't about accolades, it is simply an opportunity to show others what is possible.

Since the original video posting, the source file was recompiled and while a bit larger (19.85 MB) than the original posting, it is still manageable AND looks better when viewed full-screen, compared to the earlier version. However, it still pales in comparison to the original source that will be actually used in a NON-web environment - then again the file size is rather cumbersome at 3.5+ GB. but offers a superb HD picture presentation.

As a sidebar, for our in-person presentations, we create H.265 files (in some instances conversion from uncompressed video sources, in others direct output from PTE 9**, depending on the application / audience) for good compression results along with an exceptional visual. Sadly, the H.265 format while used in many environments is NOT widely used on mobile and computer-based systems. It comes down to licensing (the price!) as well as no one in the 'computer world' has stepped forward to embrace the format. As of this posting, no main stream browsers support the format - so the use of the internet to make such presentations is a non-starter.

To that end, it's a disappointment - but it is what it is. Hands down the H.265 spec (personal and professional opinion) is superior to the **H.264 spec - AND with that said, the H.264 is still an excellent workhorse (with above average results) along with a large audience share and hardware support.

FX Designer

Thanks Lin,

I always look forward to your opinion and insight.

What I am posting here are really, works in progress (out loud thinking of creative storyboards).
I don't post every update, but when it has progressed (at least in my mind) enough - I make any effort to share with other PTE users.

Core elements have remained, but as we have moved forward, we are pushing the envelope in terms of visual animation and PTE. Like anything else - some things work well, others not so much - compromise is key. We strive for the near impossible, which in turn offers solutions to the possible. <<< The process forces you to "think" and brings numerous "what-if" attempts.

I will certainly post other works in progress as the overall completion of each phase becomes more or less an opportunity / reality.

Thanks for kind words. They are appreciated.

FX Designer