WnSoft Forums

Saving all the styles together

lapiovra

Tools/Export or right click menu in the Styles Window.

You can export individual Styles or complete Categories.

Set up a folder for exported styles on your data drive and also save downloaded Styles to the same folder.

You can then Import these Styles and Categories via the Styles Window.

Same thing applies to Custom Transitions.

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/slide-styles/main

DG

P.S. You can also go to Settings/Preferences/Templates and set the "Folder for Custom Slide Styles" and "Folder for Custom Transition Effects" to something other than ..........Documents/PicturesToExe/........

If you have already done this - that might be your problem.

Dave,

I just happened to want to export a Style for a friend to use. I followed the steps you mentioned above but for a particular Style, it will not work.

Some time ago, I imported the Cube style and it went into the Experimental folder. When I try to export the style, nothing happens. I can export other styles in other folders, but not the Cube or the Four Parts styles that are in this Experimental folder. Is there a way to be able to export a style from this folder?

Gary

No, these are built in Styles and Igor has disabled Export and Editing for them.

If you apply those Styles you can Create a new Style from them using your own name, category etc. and export the result. Check that there are no reference images and deal with any necessary Main Image associations. Read the Online Help.

DG

Dave,

Yes, thanks, that worked.

One other question. The export didn't include the borders I had on the original cube. Normal? And, I want to increase the size of the images of the cube. I can increase each image from 100% to 150% but the cube does not come out right. I am not sure what else to increase to match the increase in the image sizes. The cube edges of each image do not meet up with each other. Hard to explain.

Gary

21 minutes ago, davegee said:

POst the Style here.

DG

Dave, I can increase each image to 150%. But the edges of the cube don't match up. Not sure what else to modify to get it to work correctly. Yes, I have used Framing and border but can't get the increased image sizes to match up.

Gary

Cube Test.ptestyle

1 hour ago, davegee said:

Use my PTE Cube Modified in my last post.

Untitled-1.jpg.990c544711a8f9e4ae494c3db189280c.jpg

Dave... I got it to work. But, with your 'PTE Cube Modified' style, I changed the 'Frame1; Frame2; and Frame3 ' to the 150%, not the actual image icon, as you are showing. I did use the Framing to adjust the cropping of the image within the Frame 1,2 and 3. Seems to work now. With the other Cube Styles I had, this method did not work...not sure why.

Thanks...
Gary

Dave,

Yes, I think I was not being too clear. I didn't want to just 'zoom' in on the images. I wanted to increase the actual size of the cube. At 100%, it was too small. I tried 150%, too big. So I have settled on 130%. Seems ok. When I tried the  adjustments on other cube styles I had, nothing seems to work. With your 'Cube Modified' style version, the 'Frame1', etc., adjustments are working to increase the size of the cube. The 'Framing' helps to adjust the image within each of the cube's sides.

Thanks for the help. Someone else who has PTE asked me how to do it so the discussion has helped me to to understand it and get it working.

Gary

Referring back to the original question:

As DaveGee has said, you can export and import slide styles, and categories of styles, from within PTE, but only one at a time, so if you have lots of styles this process can take some time.

A quicker way is to transfer all of your styles and transitions in one go by using File Explorer in Windows.
By default, the Slide Styles and Transitions folders are in the PicturesToExe folder within your Documents folder. (If not, check your Settings>Preferences>Templates settings in PTE)
Simply take a copy of these folders and keep them as a backup.
When you need to, you can write them back to the same place if you ever need to, or even transfer them to another computer.

Regards

wideangle

Hello!

the styles are in: Documents / PicturesToExe / SlideStyles
in the slidesStyles folder there is a small file (userstyles.ini)
just make a copy of this small file (userstyles.ini) before doing an update, set it aside, update it,
and then go and paste it (to replace) the new one !!

of course if in the new version there are new styles they will not be present!

Merry Christmas

friendly

Henry

Bonjour! 

les styles sont dans: Documents / PicturesToExe / SlideStyles

dans le dossiers des slidesStyles  il y a  un petit fichier (userstyles.ini)

il suffit de faire une copie de ce petit fichier (userstyles.ini) avant de faire une mise a jour , le mettre de coté , faire la mise a jour , 

et puis aller le coller ( pour remplacer ) le nouveau  !!

bien sur si  dans la nouvelle version il y a des nouveaux styles ils ne seront pas présents !!

Joyeux Noel 

amicalement

Henri