WnSoft Forums

Problems with zip-unzip

MUR

Hi

Today I have had problems, with the zip files, if I try to save them in a different folder to the desktop, PTE freezes or tells me that I can not save the file. If I save them on the desktop and unzip them in a different place to the desktop, it tells me that the file does not exist.
It's the first time something like this has happened to me.
I have uninstalled PTE 9.0.14, twice and installed, downloading a fresh copy of the program, but nothing changes

MUR

MUR,

1. Does this problem occur with all projects? Try to create a new simple project (3 images) and make a backup in a ZIP.

2. Try to give a simple file name with latin symbols only (say MyProject.zip )

3. Try to save in a new folder in the root of drive C: or D: (say C:\MyBackups\MyProject.zip )

Hi Igor

My antivirus did not detect anything, but I took the drastic decision to reinstall windows. It seems that everything is fine now, but I will keep checking.

I have to reinstall many things, because I do not want to use the backup.

MUR

After reinstalling PTE 9.0.14 and Windows 10, the problem continues.

It only works if I do the unzip on the desktop, but now I have discovered that it works inside the zip folder, without unzip it

Problem_-2_Jan15-2018_23-43-05.zip

The problem is confusing, because sometimes it works well, but in most cases it does not and it only

happens with new projects.

Manuel,

Initially you wrote that creating of a backup in a ZIP doesn't work ("PTE freezes or tells me that I can not save the file").

Does it occur now?

10 hours ago, MUR said:

After reinstalling PTE 9.0.14 and Windows 10, the problem continues.

It only works if I do the unzip on the desktop, but now I have discovered that it works inside the zip folder, without unzip it

Problem_-2_Jan15-2018_23-43-05.zip

The problem is confusing, because sometimes it works well, but in most cases it does not and it only

happens with new projects.

Honestly, I don't understand this problem. Tell me in more details.

I successfully unpacked your sample ZIP archive and opened the project in PTE 9.

Hello Manuel,

I think you have to find out if the memory of your PC is not overloaded.

Igor recently explained to me that when using large files or many objects on one slide in Objects and Animations, memory usage can cause overload (+2Gb).

A project I worked on recently blocked regularly. PTE froze in Objects and Animations. To save my data of that "overloaded project", I tried to create a zip-file and this did not work either. There was apparently not enough memory to make the zip file.

I adapted the big files and reduced the dimensions and all went perfect afterwards.

Hi Igor

I will try to explain some of the strange behaviors that I have in PTE
I have created a project with two images (one)

If I save it on the desktop there is no problem, but if I try somewhere else, it gives me this message (two)

If I create a zip file on the desktop, all right, but in another place, it gives me this message (three)

If I create the zip on the desktop and try to unzip elsewhere, I receive this message (five)

If I double click the project inside the zip folder (without unzip), the project runs normally

To create an exe, must be in the desktop only

I can't add a mov video to the project (four)

MUR

one.PNG

two.PNG

three.PNG

four.PNG

ProblemA.exe

ProblemA_Jan17-2018_22-42-03.zip

five.PNG