WnSoft Forums

Can't open slideshow on MBA

dbolt

I'm having another " I don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing" issue.  On the desktop of the MBA are icons for three slideshows I made last Sept with Picture2Exe v8.  The app files (eg., Mana-Pools.app) displayed fine when I presented them, but they will not open now. When I click on the *.app file, a pale green window flashes open and then returned to the Finder window.  The files are also on a Thumb drive in Zip format.  The unzipped apps will also not open on the MBA.  

I must have something set wrong on the MBA.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  I've committed to presenting the same slideshows at a meeting in Feb.  The PC versions on the Thumb drive of the same slideshows display fine on a PC, but I need to use the MBA at the meeting.

Yes, I did read it and ran the "fix", but the .bak.app files in the .bak.zip files did not open on the MBA.  I wonder if I did something wrong.  But, the program did run on the original .zip file and created a .bak.zip file.  As luck would have it, the files I used to make the .PTE have been relocated.  Is there an easy way to globally change the address of the files so I can just recompile to slideshow using V9?

I responded in the Troubleshooting forum.