WnSoft Forums

Reminder About STYLES For New PTE Users

Lin Evans

For new users of PTE and for inexperienced users and perhaps for old timers too: There are literally dozens upon dozens of great styles available for PTE but it's a little awkward to see what they do without clicking on one or more images and applying a style or at least selecting the proper number of slides and observing what happens in the "style" window. I have created a demo of over 90 styles available which makes it exceedingly easy to see what a style does and allows the user to pause and write down the name of a style they may want to use. The style demo show has a video control bar which can be used to quickly move to any region on the show and also allows the user to flip forward or backward using the right and left arrow keys. You may also "pause" and resume by pressing the space bar. I think this will allow users to quickly see the effects of the styles at full resolution and is much, much easier than selecting and hunting through the myriad styles available. If you don't have a style and wish to download it, I have all those in the demo and if you PM me I will be glad to upload any style you don't have so you can import it and use it. Links below to the style demo show for Windows and Macs.

4/26/18  Added Some New Styles To Demo - Download on Same Links Below...  

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/stylesdemopc.zip

http://www.lin-evans.org/styles/stylesdemomac.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It depends on whether you are referencing the camera or the image. Since PTE is an image/slide program the reference by the various author's of these styles are the image and not the camera. So if the camera moves from the right to the left the image appears to move from left to right, etc.  The actual image itself is a static item zoomed in and the view as seen by the observer moves either to the left, right, up or down or any simultaneous combination of left/up/down or right/up/down. A camera pan would be relevant in a video were an actual pan done, but not in a still image.

The demonstration simply gives the name of the style given by the author then shows what it does. 

Best regards,

Lin

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We know from the statistics on SSC that for every 100 views of a slide show, less than 20% of views turn into a download of the show. It seems that people would much rather view a video directly in the page they are viewing.

I have been thinking about this recently while looking for some quick and easy projects. I’ve taken the view that a short YouTube demo of a Slide Style played directly in the page being viewed along with the download link may be the way to go. Over the past couple of weeks I have started to do that below.

https://beckhamdigital.photo/slide-styles-2/