WnSoft Forums

Animated 3D Music Video using PicturesToExe

On 3/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, mickp2127 said:

Wow! how long did that take - looks like a lifetimes work to me.

Mickp

The tricky part was getting the cards to move together (and not float disproportionately) with the horizontal  plane that they were the 'child' of (a lot of trial and error to figure this out). The cards were created and layered in photoshop as transparent pngs, and the video clip was also a layer sandwiched in between and turned on and off by changing the opacity. Some of the cards even had 'backs' as you will notice when the card rotates. They also had shadows to add some realism, although they aren't physically corrent when casted (the best I could do).

All video files within the scene were pre-timed to the entire length of the song and thus synced to each other automatically. A mask was used to create the illusion of a card rising out of a sea of dolphins. Once the elements (the cards with their layers) were set properly to the horizontal game tile (the dungeon floor), it was relatively easy to slide individual cards to the proper position in sync to the music, as the music file audio played in the slide scene during editing. 

The final scene where the two thumbnail cards appear in the top left corner was overlaid onto the PTE mp4 file using PowerDirector 15. Other than than that, the entire sequence was done in picturestoexe (with the exception of editing the sequence of band member footage and Venice Carnival video - these were converted in picturestoexe from wmv to avi format). I am very impressed that PTE was able to handle 4 sets of avi video in a single scene and display them with such clarity within the cards. The leader of the group, Marco Bernard told me that he watched the video on his 75" TV and it looks fantastic! Really HD.

HIgh praise to PTE and I don't think it has been taken to its limits yet! I developed the concept for this video and worked on it off and on for several months. If I did another one from scratch it would take no more than about 3 weeks, I think. 

• 2 weeks later...