WnSoft Forums

How to show the author of the image

wilburke

I was wondering which template can be used to show the author of the image. I think it's part of the Exif data but I can only choose between 4 exif entries (Description,Comment,Date,Time).  If I use <%MainImg.IPTC.AuthorByline%>, nothing is displayed.

Thanks,

Wil

• 2 weeks later...

I've placed the names of the IPTC data files as the content of each space then used PTE to extract them on this image. This means PTE is working correctly. So you can place the Author's name in whichever of these you wish then use the IPTC data call template to extract the data from that field as seen in the image below. I would suggest using "Credits" or "Author Byline."  Use a freeware product such as Irfanview to write data to the desired IPTC field. Since different camera makers may use different IPTC data and the owner of the camera may or may not have set up the camera to place their name as photographer, one can't depend on the data being there so you may have to put it there if you want to use this feature.

Best regards,

Lin

iptcdata.jpg