WnSoft Forums

4K video problem

potwnc

Thank you. The shutter speed issue I Understand from the experience I gained recently with my sons drone. I as trying to explain that same thing to him as a non photographer. With the Mavic you have a fixed aperture so to obtain the 180 you mentioned, you need neutral density filters to reduce the shutter in bright conditions, which he couldn’t get his head around.

So, your saying PTE output needs 24,25,30,50 and 60fps to be able to choose one, that displays the video correctly depending on the content and the way it was shot?

1 hour ago, Barry Beckham said:

So, your saying PTE output needs 24,25,30,50 and 60fps to be able to choose one, that displays the video correctly depending on the content and the way it was shot?

Exactly.
On my Nikon DSL, in 4K mode, I have the choice betwin 24, 25 ou 30 fps. 50 and 60 fps are available only in HD mode. .
Of course the actual frame rates are 23,976 and so on, but it is not the question.
The problem comes with the alternative current, wich is 50 Hz in France, as in almost all Europe.
If I dont want to meet flickering problems indoors, I must stay at 25 or 50 fps.
If I use 24, 30 or 60 fps, I may have flickering issues and my clip would be ruined.
This is why I decided to use only 25 fps in all situations, in order to be sure to never meet flickering problems.
Nevertheless, I use also screen capture videos in my video projects, so I usually mix clips at 25 fps, 29,97 fps and 30 fps (from Nvidia Shadowplay) under Da Vinci Resolve and I never noticed any problem.
I created dozzens of PTE projects which include video footages built at 25 fps and I never noticed any kind of problem when I run the exe file or when I generate a mp4 file from PTE, even at 60 fps.

Thanks, that makes sense of what didn't before. I was aware of the Shutter and frame rate issue, but not having any real experience of shooting very much video at all, I never joined those dots.

I will have to try and remedy that a little in the coming months and see what sort of video I can produce.

Hi,

with my canon 70D, I have the choice between 25 fps and 3000/1001 fps

When I put a 25 fps video in a pte project with still images and make an mp4, i use 30 or 60 fps (30000/1001 or 60000/1001)

For a 30fps mp4, some frames of the video are duplicate :

1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7 8 9 10 10 etc

and with some video, it's not fluid.

For a 60fps mp4, some frames of the video are duplicate :

1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 7 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10  and the result seems correct.

To be sure the result is good I prefer realize my video at 30000/1001 and make my mp4 at the same fps or at 60000/1001.

Denis