Jump to content
WnSoft Forums
LumenLux

Video/Movie: make from EARLY .exe file

Recommended Posts

Who has a best or favorite way of making a video (.mp4, etc.) from original .exe file produced by early versions of Pictures To Exe, before publishing a video was an in-software option?  I do not have the original .pte file, nor feasible access to my original photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert,

If you have modern Geforce graphics (especially Geforce 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080 series), you may try to use Geforce Experience software and screen recording. It works in realtime with encoding to 1080p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Robert,

If you don't have one of the video cards Igor mentioned and for a reasonably modern system with decent RAM and a good video card it's very difficult to beat the software that Tom recommended some time ago. It's called Bandicam and can be purchased here:

https://www.bandicam.com/

I use it with my Win 8.1 and nVidia GeForce  GTX 760 and it works very well for what you want to do.

Best regards,

Lin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Robert,

If you have modern Geforce graphics (especially Geforce 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080 series), you may try to use Geforce Experience software and screen recording. It works in realtime with encoding to 1080p.

Igor,

I have the 1070 and I installed the GeForce Experience program. I see where you can 'Record'. I tried to record a PTE exe, as you mentioned was possible. However, I don't see how it can be done. If you start the Record process, you can't get the MyComputer to start the exe to play. If you first start the exe, you can't get to the GeForce Record program to start recording.

Can someone shed some light on how to use this program to record a PTE exe?

Thanks... Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gary

have you tried that ( instruction given on the GeForce experience download page : https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download )

Record and Broadcast your gameplay at the same time!

  • Press [Alt+Z] to turn on Instant Replay, Record, AND Broadcast Live - all at the same time! You can now archive high quality videos of your broadcasts to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

I have not made the test so that is just a suggestion...but I can guess that a game.exe  or a pte.exe could work the same way???

Best regards

Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a program called ClipGrab which will record an exe from a screen grab

Just put it into Google to find out more

Jill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Picsel said:

Hi Gary

have you tried that ( instruction given on the GeForce experience download page : https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download )

Record and Broadcast your gameplay at the same time!

  • Press [Alt+Z] to turn on Instant Replay, Record, AND Broadcast Live - all at the same time! You can now archive high quality videos of your broadcasts to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

I have not made the test so that is just a suggestion...but I can guess that a game.exe  or a pte.exe could work the same way???

Best regards

Daniel

Daniel,

Yes, I tried it and it does not work. If I open the PTE exe and put it on pause, and then do the Alt Z, I can not get the PTE exe to start. If first start the PTE exe, as it plays, I do the  Alt Z, the PTE exe stops playing. It just records my mouse flying around the Desktop trying to get something started. Crazy....

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LumenLux said:

Who has a best or favorite way of making a video (.mp4, etc.) from original .exe file produced by early versions of Pictures To Exe, before publishing a video was an in-software option?  I do not have the original .pte file, nor feasible access to my original photos.

I have been using Bandicam for many years, still old version 1.9.1.419 (actual version is v4....), with very good quality and very easy. Open it, open the "black strip" in the snapshot, and hide it. Play your exe file. To start and stop recording just press F12. 

 

Bandicam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, goddi said:

Igor,

I have the 1070 and I installed the GeForce Experience program. I see where you can 'Record'. I tried to record a PTE exe, as you mentioned was possible. However, I don't see how it can be done. If you start the Record process, you can't get the MyComputer to start the exe to play. If you first start the exe, you can't get to the GeForce Record program to start recording.

Can someone shed some light on how to use this program to record a PTE exe?

Thanks... Gary

Once Shadowplay is install on your computer, you don't need to run DeForce program to use it.

To run ShadowPlay, you have just to hit Ctrl key + F9 and you can stop the recording with the same shortcut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Robert,

If you have modern Geforce graphics (especially Geforce 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080 series), you may try to use Geforce Experience software and screen recording. It works in realtime with encoding to 1080p.

Easy peasy - and good quality.

Thanks IGOR.

Lots of help on Youtube.

DG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a big fan of Movavi Video Suite for a long time now, which includes a screen capture module.

Ok, like Bandicam, it is not free, but for the wealth of features which are included, it seems very good value.

1853451053_Screenshot09-25-201813_29_48.jpg.2d5828ff5ffe649461fab0edbf738728.jpg

 

Regards

wideangle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

Once Shadowplay is install on your computer, you don't need to run DeForce program to use it.

To run ShadowPlay, you have just to hit Ctrl key + F9 and you can stop the recording with the same shortcut.

Thanks, Tonton. But, for  me, it works with 'Alt +F9'. Seems all the keyboard shortcuts use 'Alt'. Might be useful for games but a bit clunky for just screen captures.

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...