WnSoft Forums

Pro Show no more?

davegee

It would be a sad news, because this niche of software needs in a competition of ideas. I have always respected our colleagues from Photodex. Their products PSG and PSP were released later than PTE, but it always was an interesting competition - who can create a better product. I hope that they can stay in bussiness. And I can understand their difficulties, because nowaday the competition on this market became much more strong. We have to work very hard to survive. A lot of competitors who offer simple slideshow software with templates for beginners. Online services for slideshows. A hard competition with video editors and big companies like Adobe. I feel great gratitude to all PTE community who support us and it allows us create new versions of PTE.

Whether or not they survive is problematic.  In many ways they painted themselves into a corner with coding choices which make it very difficult to move forward. I don't know this for a fact, but from what others have been told they were attempting to make a 64 bit program as well as a MacIntosh version. This would be a massive undertaking and would be very, very costly. It's too bad if they do go under, but their second in command is looking for a new job and they are not answering phones and the rank and file users are getting very, very nervous. 

Lin 

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...