WnSoft Forums

Help with a printer style

tom95521

I am trying to make a printer animation with photos ejecting from a printer, rotating on the table,  and then filling the screen. Having trouble making it look semi realistic. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

epson_printer_Oct25-2018_9-02-40.zip

Not sure if I understand correctly but would you not want a photo of the printer similar to the one I have attached? That way you could load paper into the top and tray using masks.

Kieron

Epson Printer.jpg

Hi Kieron,

I think the printer either needs to use masks or the bottom section is split into a separate object so the paper can hide between printer layers.

Currently image rotation is a problem that I find difficult. When I try to rotate the image after exiting the printer the left side is raised before dropping down. I think it is because rotation is 2D. I guess the easy way to solve this would be to print in landscape mode instead of portrait. I think most printers use portrait printing.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Here is a suggestion - link below

http://www.lin-evans.org/tom/epson_printer-suggestion.zip

I think you would be better off to forget about spinning the paper and do it like the above. Trying to spin the paper in that configuration would require multiple keyframes with tiny incremental adjustments on X, Y and z axis to keep it flat.  I "can" be done, but maybe not worth all the effort to do it.

The sample uses a mask to get the paper out of the printer and a shadow...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

The paper ejection and shadow look great. I'm going to keep playing with portrait printing and rotating to landscape. I vaguely remember something about a frame within a frame to rotate 2 axis simultaneously. I think it had to do with the wireframe sphere many years ago.

Thanks,
Tom

9 hours ago, tom95521 said:

The frame within a frame seems to fix the portrait to landscape rotation. It needs further refinement. Feel free to improve, :)

Thanks,
Tom

epson_printer_rotate.ptestyle

Hi Tom,

Yes, I had totally spaced that - it works perfectly... Thanks for the reminder !!!

Best regards,

Lin

5 hours ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

Hi Tom,

Here my suggestion

epson_printer_b_JCV_Oct26-2018_10-10-42.zip

Hi Jean-Cyprien,

Very nice and smooth. I forgot to add inkjet stop start animation to the paper! There should be 2 styles, one for color laserjet and one for inkjet.:)

Thanks,
Tom

4 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

Good point, Jean-Cyprien !

I've improved my style using your suggestion.

PrinterLandscape.ptestyle

Hi Tonton,

I like the printer perspective, paper hesitation, and separate slide for viewing the image. My version is too much animation and not enough stationary image.:)

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Tom,

Yes, I had totally spaced that - it works perfectly... Thanks for the reminder !!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I want to add the 3D shadow and paper dropping to the table (with shadow disappearing) that you implemented but for some reason it's not working. I think maybe shadow is not adjustable at keyframes. I did not use a mask because I am not very good at using them. Instead I used time range of 2 piece printer object to switch to a layer below the image. I will play with it some more.

PTE is like a puzzle with many solutions.:)

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, there is no keyframing for shadows. The way to implement is as you are thinking.  Duplicate the image then put them under a controlling frame. On the upper level one use the shadow and on the other no shadow. Use keyframes to make the one with the shadow go to zero opacity as it reaches the end of the motion. The distance between full opacity and zero opacity will give the illusion of the "drop" to the table. When the opacity of the top is zero, of course, the duplicate on the bottom layer will take its place for rotation and zoom.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the shadow information. I decided to use black rectangles under the printer and image since they are opaque.

Here is the latest version of printer style. It definitely makes me appreciate others who have designed styles with much more sophisticated animation. I have changed the printer background to make it more interesting. Background and slide images from https://www.pexels.com/

*added a frame style to add to a second copy of slide. I made the picture frame out of the floorboards from the printer style.

Printer Brick Wood.ptestyle

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Lin,

Just playing around until PTE 10 is released. I tried to edit the previous post with a new version of the Frame Brick Wood style but over quota. There is less crop of the framed image. The YouTube video has the new version of the frame.

Frame Brick Wood.ptestyle

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tonton,

Great animation. I will study the slides in detail. Your style has already taught me that you can combine multiple slides into a style that is not limited to one slide. I had thought if you combined slides into a style it could only be one slide. The main object is enabled only on the first slide before creating the style. So this makes styles even more powerful.

Thanks,
Tom

LOL - I was thinking about modifying those scissors a little so they were in two pieces and cut, but then decided they were fine the way they are !!!

Great job on that style Tonton !!!

Here's your style with sound added....

Best regards,

Lin

Tonton Printer Style.ptestyle