WnSoft Forums

Help with a printer style

tom95521

Hi Tom,

I think Igor's working on something that may make that type style a reality. Of course it "can" be done now, but may be much easier in the future !!! Stay tuned !

Best regards,

Lin

P.S. Here's an Experimental - Just a Quickie but you'll get the idea...  Use the linked Style - select six images. Duplicate image 1 and move the duplicate to position seven. Select all seven and apply style.  It should produce the embedded show with your own images...

Xperimental.ptestyle

Hi 

Pictures to Exe, is still very little used in the western hemisphere, I think because of ignorance.
Maybe it would be a good idea, to take works like this and many others and make a kind of library, for those who ask about the possibilities of this great software.

MUR

On 11/4/2018 at 3:03 PM, davegee said:

Sorry Dave, but I only see the message " You dont have permission to see it".

I saw your new post "ross cross cube" and I guess you think I copied your style.

I did'nt know it and I made my cube by myself several years ago.

I made a tutorial (in french) in 2013 to present how to build a box, a square box beeing just a variation.

http://diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37919

No, Bruno, not copied - I just pointed out that the technique is not new.

But, if you read my 2013 post, you'll see that mine was made sometime in 2013 having been inspired by Dan Brown's description of the Rose Cross and resulting box in his book "The Da Vinci Code". You did not post It in this forum - did you? If you did I missed it.

It looks like we both got there at the same time.

Having revisited it I realised that I could improve on it so I have updated and re-posted. 

P.S. I do not understand why you do not "have permission" to read it. I can access it via the link on all of my devices. A simple search for "Rose Cross" also brings it up.

Wideangle, Bruno,

I logged out and get the same as you, so it must be something to do with the fact that the 2013 post is in an archived section of the forum.

Does the second link work?C

DG

P.S. The second link works and will take you back to a post from 2009.

Hi Guys,

LOL - it doesn't matter who was first with what...  Actually, theDom was using this technique many, many years ago to build wooden boxes and JPD was using it way before Dom. It's all contributing toward some great styles and that's what's important. I remember when Igor first gave us the hierarchical constructs and I made a rudimentary first cube demo. The following day theDom did it a totally different way and much better than my way in my opinion. That way became the way Igor used for the experimental cube and though there are numerous ways to accomplish the same end I personally prefer the way it's done in the experimental (theDom's technique) cube because it's possible for the user to adjust the size and position of cube sides under framing when using non-square images for the sides. 

It's all good !!!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the wise words Lin. I will bookmark them.

Regarding non-square images - that is what my updated Style addressed. Changes in features in PTE Versions have made it easier to achieve better results easier. 

I should thank Bruno for causing me to look back and reflect on what I had done all those years ago. Also, thanks for your initial comments above.

I was, however, a little uneasy with the suggestion that I was accusing anyone of plagiarism. That was not my intention.

I made it clear back in 2009 that MY inspiration for this methodology was Dan Brown and no one else.

Like you say - it is all good!!

DG

• 1 year later...