WnSoft Forums

Inside Out and Outside In Styles

tom95521

A few years ago The Dom created a slideshow of a cube with an accurate cubemap of space shuttle cockpit. The viewer was inside a spinning cube. Really cool.

This is just me just playing around. The top and bottom walls are distorted to be of equal length with the side walls.

16:9 format images. For some reason it green screens if you try to use video instead of an image.

Inside Out.ptestyle

Outside In.ptestyle

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

You should mention that this style requires 16x9 images and include it in the Style Comments.

You could also put your Created Style into a unique Category (Tom 95521 Styles?).

I have tried to simplify the Style and came up with this. Essentially, it is the same methodology but looks a little simpler.

If the Style used Square images in a Cube then the need for the distorted image would not arise.

Inside Out 16x9 DG.ptestyle

DG

P.S. with a 360 degree panorama you could split it into 4 and view it from inside the 16x9 cube :)

Hi Dave,

Your method is much simpler and more accurate than my method. Your version works with videos too which is great.

I had a thought about the distorted top and bottom images. I replaced them with a floor and sky . A seamless panorama across 4 walls would be cool.

Thanks for the great tips,
Tom