WnSoft Forums

Do you burn DVD video in PTE?

Igor

Use of VideoBuilder  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you burn DVD video discs in PicturesToExe 9?

• Frequently
    • Rarely
    • Never

I understand fully, wideangle, and I sort of felt the internet connection was not necessarily a given.  BTW England is a fine place for walkers, and I have enjoyed using the stiles to go from field to field, in Yorkshire and the Peak district.

3 hours ago, wideangle said:

... saying "as long as they have an internet connection....." is one assumption too far. Several don't even have a computer ...

It seems that this topic is about to loose its way. The original question is: Do PTE users still burn DVDs, and do they need a DVD tool inside PTE? A typical PTE users has an internet connection, and of course has a computer. Furthermore, a typical PTE user who is able to export videos with PTE should also be in the position to use one of the free tools to burn DVDs for friends who neither have an internet connection nor a computer.

• 3 months later...

I rarely use DVD's now, but I find them useful for distribution to people who only have a TV and no PC. Yes they do exist. Also they are as far as I can see the only way to make a continuouss loop as MP4's can't be used for this purpose. So please keep the DVD facility "as is"

Thanks,

Peter

• 11 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, potwnc said:

As long as PTE can output H.264/MP4, there are multiple free programs available to convert (transcode) that video into MPEG-2 format and author a DVD. So, I say don't waste time updating VideoBuilder - getting PTE 10 to market is more important.

I am 78 years old and self teaching  myself this stuff. I am interested in PTE AV Studio 10 because Pro Show Gold is now defunct. I could burn video from that which suited me fine.

Excuse my ignorance but could you explain your statement above as an alternate way of doing it.

I am a new user (still using trial version) of PTE having been looking for something to replace Pro Show Gold which I have been using for the last 10-12 years.

Personally I want the ability to burn DVD's directly from the software BUT if there is a better way I am willing to learn. I am 78 years old and not totally familiar with all software combinations etc. I ma totally self taught.

29 minutes ago, Fstop said:

I am a new user (still using trial version) of PTE having been looking for something to replace Pro Show Gold which I have been using for the last 10-12 years.

Personally I want the ability to burn DVD's directly from the software BUT if there is a better way I am willing to learn. I am 78 years old and not totally familiar with all software combinations etc. I ma totally self taught.

Hi Fstop,

Welcome to the forum.

It's available for free as an add on to the main PTE AV Studio editor. It's older 32 bit code and may not be supported if you have a problem. The resolution will be lower than what you can create with an MP4 video, but if you want to burn DVDs it should work.

Tom