WnSoft Forums

Slideshowclub

Tomcatred55

7 minutes ago, davegee said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. There are some shows on YouTube and Vimeo (mp4) but you have to download from Slideshowclub in order to view.

DG

That is disappointing, in my opinion.

Is there another website where you can upload your slideshows that can be viewed without needing to download them?

8 minutes ago, Bizz1963 said:

That is disappointing, in my opinion.

Is there another website where you can upload your slideshows that can be viewed without needing to download them?

Sure. I have found that it is easy to just upload them (as MP4s) to your Facebook page. I stopped using the Slideshowclub because the uploadable filesize was reduced so shows with videos were too big.

I've put dozens of PTE shows on my Facebook site. You just have to be very careful about the music you choose for copyright infringement issues:

https://www.facebook.com/gary.oddi

Gary

12 minutes ago, goddi said:

Sure. I have found that it is easy to just upload them (as MP4s) to your Facebook page. I stopped using the Slideshowclub because the uploadable filesize was reduced so shows with videos were too big.

I've put dozens of PTE shows on my Facebook site. You just have to be very careful about the music you choose for copyright infringement issues:

https://www.facebook.com/gary.oddi

Gary

I have discovered that already. I have an IAC music license but Facebook don't seem to acknowledge that.

9 minutes ago, Bizz1963 said:

I have discovered that already. I have an IAC music license but Facebook don't seem to acknowledge that.

I've run into problems with music I have selected for slideshow posted to my Facebook page. But I have found that if I run my audio selections through this site, it can warn me if there is  going to be an infringement  problem with my chosen music. I've found it hard (...impossible) to battle Facebook/YouTube when you feel they are wrong when they zap your upload due to copyright problems. But I have found many sites to get non-copyrighted music to get it uploaded to Facebook with no problems.

https://portal.audiblemagic.com/

Gary

I also post my slideshows on my Facebook page, and get warned about the music content, if copywrited.

Sony Music recently threatened me with a suit if I didn't remove their music from a slideshow that I had posted several years ago.

It's not like we are trying to make money from their music.

Best regards, smithrg

smithrg...

Speaking of Facebook, number of views of my posted videos suddenly disappeared a couple days ago. Any idea why or how to get them back? I've searched the web and asked 'Facebook' but found nothing. Has it happened to you?

Gary

Copyright music... big problem!

I have been making big PTE movie shows for years always using soundtracks from great movie composers, from Charlie Chaplin to Hans Zimmer, John Barry, Ennio Morricone, Maurice Jarre, etc., etc., which musics I download from iTunes. I think a show (movie) must have a coherent music soundtrack from start till the end, in terms of melody and orchestration, and nothing better to achieve this than taking a professional movie soundtrack and using some of its content.

However, my movies are to be seen at home with my family and friends, or burnt on Blu-ray discs and offered to someother friends for home use.

Copyright rules should contemplate this kind of amateur private use.

Jose