WnSoft Forums

Using VisiSketch Pro - Utilisation de VisiSketch Pro

Lin Evans

Jean-Cyprien or other native French speaker - Please feel free to correct my Google Translated French and post on the French forum. I have problems trying to post there because the translated version doesn't let me log in and I'm lost trying to find things on the original.

Jean-Cyprien ou un autre locuteur français - Merci de corriger mon français traduit en Google et de le publier sur le forum français. J'ai de la difficulté à poster là-bas car la version traduite ne me permet pas de me connecter et je suis perdue en essayant de trouver des éléments sur l'original.

Using VisiSketch Pro with PIcturesToExe – A Tutorial

Since I want to translate this into both English and French, I’ll begin with a written tutorial. I don’t speak French so my video tutorials will try to follow this.

Visisketch Pro is a program written by David E. Fitzpatrick which began as VisiSketch many years abo and was improved and expanded to VisiSketch Pro a bit later. The essence of the program is that it allows the user to copy a photo with a “sketch” using a very narrow brush stroke which is initially a series of closely spaced “dots” which the user creates with the mouse or tablet “pen.”  These dots are placed over the image at a distance of about a quarter inch or closer and each time the user wants to lift the pen a new series of dots are chosen. For example, if creating a sketch of a building and the user wants the pen lifted from the painting to move to a different location, a new dot “group” is selected. Once the basic outline of the sketch is finished. The user then uses a suitable sized dot from the choices and “paints” the entire image eventually all black. Each time the user wants to move the pen without creating a line of paint from the current to new position, a new dot group must be chosen. 

The image chosen to be painted is called the “Primary Image” and the user can choose a Backgound Image which may consist of a canvas with texture of other options as seen in the menus. The user chooses to paint the image with a device such as a brush or spray paint with or without a hand. There are numerous options. If the user want’s to create their own brush as I did, then the way to proceed is to go into the VisiSketch Pro folder and look at the 640x480 images in the Drawing Tools folder.and construct their own device in PhotoShop or other editor which allows transparency. The “point” of the device needs to be in the same relative position as in the samples and the name of one of the available painting/drawing devices must be used. This means substituting your own drawing/painting device file for the original with the same name. There are a large number of devices so that should not be a problem. Just save the original with a slightly different name so you can always go back later, rename it to the original name, and use it if your choose to.

There are three “Filters” which can be turned on or off. They are “Smooth Lines, Increase Line Contrast and Color Lines With Primary Image.” When doing the initial sketch my suggestion is to use “Smooth Lines” and “Increase Line Contrast.” Then when beginning the paint portion, activate “Color Lines With Primary Image.”  I turn on the other options of Show BMPs Build Sequence, Move Pen Smoothly Between Groups and Use Background Image in Sketch Status myself, but these are options which the user can choose.

When the painting is completely black (be certain there are not “spots” not covered) then the user being certain that the filters are all “on” can click on “Build Bitmaps” and the program will first build a complete bitmap. When this is finished the user should then click on “Build AVI File” and the program will construct one or sometimes two uncompressed AVI files. 

PicturesToExe can’t use these AVI files directly so once the AVI file or files have been created, they need to be placed in a video editor and converted to a single usable format. I use .wmv but one can also use mp4, etc. 

This converted file can then be placed in PicturesToExe and when played will show the construction of both the outline and painting of the image. 

Now the Fun Part 

Doing as instructed above will create a sketch/painting of the subject on the background. When you have finished with the painting you choose a new dot group and make a dot trail to the edge of the painting area which will make your pen or brush, etc., disappear from the painting. 

So what if you want a paint pallet outside of the area of your painting and want the brush or pen or hand holding these to dip into the pallet to paint various places on an easel, etc?  This takes a bit more thought but is not all that difficult to accomplish.

First you want to choose a background image which will contain your easel with canvas and your pallet of paint. So this means you need to create the easel with canvas and the pallet of paint as PNG objects with transparency. You will probably want to use Photoshop to do this. 

Once you have these objects created. Choose the complete background image of a suitable size for PTE such as 1920 x 1080 pixels. Then take this background image into PhotoShop or your choice of photo editor and use a 640x480 crop tool to choose the area in which you will place your easel with canvas and your pallet of paint preferably on its own easel. The easel and pallet combination must fit entirely within this 640x480 pixel parameter on your main background image. I suggest duplicating and renaming your background image because you will be cropping this 640 by 480 pixel section containing the easel with canvas and the paint pallet. Crop out the selected area containing the easel and canvas and pallet with easel and save it as the background image. Next copy and paste the image you will “paint” to this 640 x480 image and use Free Transform to make the painting fit the canvas on the easel perfectly and save this as your Primary Image (foreground image).

Next open VisiSketch Pro and place the 640x480 cropped image with the easel and blank canvas as your Background Image and the other 640x480 pixel image with your painting which has been mapped and pasted on the canvas with the image flattened to a jpg as the Primary Image. 

Now you are ready to sketch and paint. When you have finished the sketch and paint and created the bitmap and uncompressed AVI file and converted this AVI file or files to a suitable format for PTE, you are ready to construct your project with PTE. Remember – this is important! Each time you want the paintbrush to leave the canvas and visit the pallet and return, create a new dot group to leave the canvas and a new dot group to return. If you don’t do this, especially for the sketch, there will be a line from the canvas to the pallet and back drawn !!!

Constructing the PTE project:

Open PTE and load the full background 1920x1080 original (the one without the easel and pallet)  Next, load the converted video in Objects and Animations. I would suggest putting the video in a PTE template rectangular mask with blurred edges. The purpose of the mask with blurred edge is to obscure the edges of the 640x480 video and help blend it to the HD 1920x1080 background image. You may need to slightly adjust the colors, hue, contrast, brightness, etc; of the 640x480 pixel video to perfectly match the background image. This is not difficult to do. You may also want to slightly sharpen the video using PTE’s features to match the sharpness of the background image.

Using a Frame For Adjusting:

If you want to enlarge your painting at the end of your slide, you should put the entire construct including the original background as a child of a frame and use this frame, preferably with “smooth” chosen as an attribute, to size and position your final display.

Hopefully, this will serve to go along with the video tutorials to come to help those who wish to try this make some creative painting.

Best regards,

Lin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utilisation de VisiSketch Pro avec PIcturesToExe - Didacticiel

Puisque je veux traduire cela en anglais et en français, je commencerai par un tutoriel écrit. Je ne parle pas français, mes tutoriels vidéo vont essayer de suivre ça.

Visisketch Pro est un programme écrit par David E. Fitzpatrick, qui a débuté sous le nom de VisiSketch il y a plusieurs années et qui a été amélioré et étendu à VisiSketch Pro un peu plus tard. L’essence du programme est qu’il permet à l’utilisateur de copier une photo avec une «esquisse» en utilisant un trait très étroit, qui consiste initialement en une série de «points» rapprochés que l’utilisateur crée avec le «stylo» de la souris ou de la tablette. Ces points sont placés sur l'image à une distance d'environ un quart de pouce ou moins et chaque fois que l'utilisateur souhaite soulever le stylo, une nouvelle série de points est choisie. Par exemple, si vous créez une esquisse d'un bâtiment et que l'utilisateur souhaite que le stylo soit soulevé du dessin pour pouvoir être déplacé vers un autre emplacement, un nouveau «groupe» de points est sélectionné. Une fois que le contour de base de l'esquisse est terminé. L'utilisateur utilise ensuite un point de taille appropriée parmi les choix et «peint» l'image entière, éventuellement tout en noir. Un nouveau groupe de points doit être choisi chaque fois que l'utilisateur souhaite déplacer le stylet sans créer de trait de peinture entre la position actuelle et la nouvelle position.

L’image choisie pour être peinte est appelée «image principale» et l’utilisateur peut choisir une image de fond qui peut consister en un canevas avec une texture comportant d’autres options, comme indiqué dans les menus. L'utilisateur choisit de peindre l'image avec un appareil tel qu'un pinceau ou une peinture en aérosol avec ou sans main. Il y a de nombreuses options. Si l'utilisateur veut créer son propre pinceau comme je l'ai fait, il faut aller dans le dossier VisiSketch Pro et consulter les images 640x480 du dossier Outils de dessin.et créer son propre appareil dans Photoshop ou un autre éditeur permettant transparence. Le «point» de l’appareil doit être dans la même position relative que dans les exemples et le nom de l’un des appareils de peinture / dessin disponibles doit être utilisé. Cela signifie que vous devez substituer votre propre fichier de périphérique de dessin / peinture à l'original portant le même nom. Il existe un grand nombre de périphériques, donc cela ne devrait pas être un problème. Sauvegardez simplement l'original avec un nom légèrement différent afin de pouvoir toujours revenir en arrière plus tard, renommez-le en son nom original et utilisez-le si vous le souhaitez.

Il existe trois «filtres» qui peuvent être activés ou désactivés. Il s’agit de «Lisser les lignes, augmenter le contraste des lignes et les lignes de couleur avec l’image principale». Lors de la réalisation de l’esquisse initiale, ma suggestion est d’utiliser les options «Lisser les lignes» et «Augmenter le contraste des lignes». Activez ensuite «Color Lines With». Image principale. ”J'active les autres options de Afficher la séquence de construction des BMP, de déplacer le stylet de manière fluide entre les groupes et d’utiliser moi-même l’image d’arrière-plan dans l’état d’esquisse, mais ce sont les options que l’utilisateur peut choisir.

Lorsque le tableau est complètement noir ( assurez-vous qu'il n'y a pas de «zones» non couvertes ), l'utilisateur qui est certain que les filtres sont tous «activés» peut cliquer sur «Créer des images bitmap». Le programme crée d'abord une image bitmap complète. Lorsque cela est terminé, l'utilisateur doit ensuite cliquer sur «Construire un fichier AVI» et le programme créera un ou parfois deux fichiers AVI non compressés.

PicturesToExe ne peut pas utiliser ces fichiers AVI directement. Par conséquent, une fois le ou les fichiers AVI créés, ils doivent être placés dans un éditeur vidéo et convertis en un seul format utilisable. J'utilise .wmv mais on peut aussi utiliser mp4, etc.

Ce fichier converti peut ensuite être placé dans PicturesToExe et, une fois lu, montrera la construction du contour et la peinture de l'image.

Maintenant la partie amusante

Suivez les instructions ci-dessus pour créer une esquisse / une peinture du sujet sur l’arrière-plan. Lorsque vous avez fini de peindre, choisissez un nouveau groupe de points et tracez-le au bord de la zone à peindre, ce qui fera disparaître votre stylo ou votre pinceau, etc.

Alors, que se passe-t-il si vous voulez une palette de peinture en dehors de la zone de votre peinture et souhaitez que le pinceau, le stylo ou la main tenant ceux-ci plonge dans la palette pour peindre divers endroits sur un chevalet, etc.? Cela prend un peu plus de temps mais n’est pas si difficile à accomplir.

Tout d’abord, vous voulez choisir une image d’arrière-plan qui contiendra votre chevalet avec toile et votre palette de peinture. Cela signifie donc que vous devez créer le chevalet avec toile et la palette de peinture sous forme d'objets PNG avec transparence. Vous voudrez probablement utiliser Photoshop pour cela.

Une fois que vous avez créé ces objets. Choisissez l’image d’arrière-plan complète de taille appropriée pour le format PTE, telle que 1920 x 1080 pixels. Prenez ensuite cette image d’arrière-plan dans Photoshop ou votre éditeur de photo à l’aide d’un outil de rognage 640x480 pour choisir la zone dans laquelle vous placerez votre chevalet avec toile et votre palette de peinture de préférence sur son propre chevalet. La combinaison chevalet et palette doit s'inscrire entièrement dans ce paramètre de 640 x 480 pixels sur votre image d'arrière-plan principale. Je suggère de dupliquer et de renommer votre image d’arrière-plan, car vous allez rogner cette section de 640 x 480 pixels contenant le chevalet avec la toile et la palette de peinture. Recadrez la zone sélectionnée contenant le chevalet, la toile et la palette avec le chevalet et enregistrez-la en tant qu'image d'arrière-plan. Ensuite, copiez et collez l'image que vous «peignez» sur cette image 640 x 480 et utilisez Transformation libre pour que la peinture s'adapte parfaitement à la toile du chevalet et enregistrez cette image en tant qu'image principale (image au premier plan).

Ouvrez ensuite VisiSketch Pro et placez l’image recadrée 640x480 avec le chevalet et le canevas vierge comme image de fond et l’autre image 640x480 pixels avec votre peinture mappée et collée sur le canevas avec l’image aplatie en un jpg en tant qu’image primaire.

Vous êtes maintenant prêt à dessiner et à peindre. Lorsque vous avez terminé l'esquisse et la peinture, créé le fichier AVI bitmap et non compressé et converti ce ou ces fichiers au format approprié pour PTE, vous êtes prêt à construire votre projet avec PTE. Rappelez-vous - c'est important! Chaque fois que vous souhaitez que le pinceau quitte la zone de dessin, visitez la palette et revenez, créez un nouveau groupe de points pour quitter la zone de dessin et un nouveau groupe de points à renvoyer. Si vous ne le faites pas, en particulier pour l'esquisse, il y aura une ligne allant de la toile à la palette et ensuite dessinée !!!

Construire le projet PTE:

Ouvrez PTE et chargez l’original d’arrière-plan complet de 1920 x 1080 ( celui sans le chevalet et la palette ). Ensuite, chargez la vidéo convertie dans Objets et Animations. Je suggère de placer la vidéo dans un masque rectangulaire de modèle PTE avec des bords flous. Le masque à bord flou a pour objectif de masquer les bords de la vidéo 640x480 et de l’intégrer à l’image d’arrière-plan HD 1920x1080. Vous devrez peut-être ajuster légèrement les couleurs, la teinte, le contraste, la luminosité, etc. de la vidéo 640x480 pixels pour correspondre parfaitement à l'image de fond. Ce n'est pas difficile à faire. Vous voudrez peut-être aussi légèrement améliorer la vidéo en utilisant les fonctionnalités de PTE pour correspondre à la netteté de l'image d'arrière-plan.

Utiliser un cadre pour ajuster:

Si vous souhaitez agrandir votre peinture à la fin de votre diapositive, vous devez placer l'ensemble de la construction, y compris l'arrière-plan d'origine, en tant qu'enfant d'un cadre et utiliser ce cadre, de préférence avec "lisse" choisi comme attribut, pour redimensionner et positionner votre affichage final.

J'espère que cela servira à accompagner les tutoriels vidéo pour aider ceux qui le souhaitent à faire de la peinture créative.

Meilleures salutations,

Lin

Salut Jean, l

orsque j’utilise Google Translate pour lire le Forum, je ne peux pas ouvrir une session. Lors de ma visite en Français natif, je peux ouvrir une session.Probablement quelque chose me fait mal, mais mon Français n’est pas assez bon pour m’aider à trouver le bon endroit pour afficher le tutoriel.

Meilleures salutations, Lin

Hi Jean,

When I use Google Translate to read the Forum, I can't log on.  When I visit in native French, I can log on. Probably something I'm doing wrong, but my French isn't good enough to help me find the right place to post the tutorial.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I wanted to use Google Translator for Firefox, but it is written that it is no longer updated, and it is recommended to no longer use it.
I downloaded the Chrome browser, which includes a translator, and after indicating English as a language, I had no problem with the Diapositif forum and its topics in English.

As written previously, I put all your tutorial in this topic: http://diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42084

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien

Forum-in-English.jpg

Je vais faire un essai.  Malheureusement j’utilise le système Windows/XP pour la plupart de mes travaux sur le web, et le navigateur Chrome n’est plus supporté.  Ce qui peut aussi expliquer une partie de mon problème. Je vais essayer en utilisant mon système MS/Windows 8.1 qui a le navigateur Chrome mis à jour.

Thanks Jean,

I'll give that a try. Unfortunately I use my XP system for most web work and Chrome is no longer supported. That may also explain part of my problem. I will try using my Win 8.1 system which has the updated Chrome browser.

Best regards,

Lin

Greetings,

I am a bit confused about this VisiSketch Pro program. I don't see a link where it can be downloaded. I Googled around and could not find a VisiSkitch Pro site. When I do find something about it, I see 'CaptiveAlivePro'. When I tried to 'visit' a link to the VisiSketch Pro homepage or to purchase it, I get a blank page. What am I missing? Here is the closest site I can come to 'VisiSketch':

https://captionsalivepro.software.informer.com/download/

Gary