WnSoft Forums

Lines and Borders

davegee

Hello Dave

Thanks for that. It's something new I have learned. Had never thought of applying borders that way.

I liked the very short and precise tutorial, straight to the point and it would be great to see others like this.

Gogs

52 minutes ago, goddi said:

Nice demo. These quick and concise explanatory videos are great to see and learn from. The serious thing lacking from Framing is that fact you can't yet rotate an image in a frame. Still hoping Igor will fix it.

Gary

Thanks Gary.

There is a serious echo in this forum.

DG

Tomcatred55

You can easily add an image, put a border on it and rotate the whole thing within O&A in PTE, without the need for any photo-editing program.

But can you rotate the image but leave the border where it is?

Unless I've misunderstood as well, I think what Gary is referring to is the same idea, but using an image inside a frame  ie. to rotate the image inside the frame without the frame itself rotating.

Regards

wideangle

17 minutes ago, wideangle said:

Unless I've misunderstood as well, I think what Gary is referring to is the same idea, but using an image inside a frame  ie. to rotate the image inside the frame without the frame itself rotating.

Regards

wideangle

Why would you want to do that? That would look awful, in my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Tomcatred55 said:

Each to their own wideangle but I prefer to edit before opening PTE.

Nothing wrong with that, but I thought we were talking about Gary's problem.

45 minutes ago, Tomcatred55 said:

Why would you want to do that? That would look awful, in my opinion.

You need to ask Gary that question.

Regards

wideangle

My point is that there is a need to be able to rotate an image that is inside a Frame without rotating the border. For example, what if the horizon of an image is not level and you have it inside a Frame (with a border and with a less than 100% zoom)? Instead of having to use an outside photo-editing program to make the adjustment, it would be easier to just do it in the Frame. So many additional possibilities for animation will become available.

Gary

38 minutes ago, goddi said:

My point is that there is a need to be able to rotate an image that is inside a Frame without rotating the border. For example, what if the horizon of an image is not level and you have it inside a Frame (with a border and with a less than 100% zoom)? Instead of having to use an outside photo-editing program to make the adjustment, it would be easier to just do it in the Frame. So many additional possibilities for animation will become available.

Gary

Again I suggest editing pictures before putting them into PTE but that is just my own preference.

Could you not rotate the image before applying the border if you are to edit from within PTE?

I must admit I thought you were talking about an image rotating during the show, whilst it's border stayed still.

Gary,

Can you please just drop it or take the argument elsewhere? I have heard it over and over and over. Igor has given you an answer.

Don't take advantage of every mention of frames to pursue this quest of yours. If and when it happens I will celebrate with you, but in the meantime it is not relevant to this thread. I have shown what IS possible. You can show what is NOT possible in a thread of your own.

DG

Dave,

You might think my posting is not relevant, but indicating what a feature can't do, I believe, is also important. For example, Tomcatred55 apparently had no idea that rotation in a Frame could or could not be done, even though he does not see any need for it. Maybe others did not realize this. I was only trying to clarify my point and it seemed a good place to bring it up. Perhaps, after your postings, you should mention you don't want any other opinions about the subject. I didn't see any 'argument' on my part. And don't see what your beef is about follow-up postings as long as it has something to do with the topic. :wacko:

Gary

I personally don't see anything wrong in widening a discussion somewhat in any thread, even if it's only half relevant, if it helps to clarify things generally.

OK, rotation within a frame has cropped up before, but users new to the forum probably wouldn't have been aware of it, and now are, which is all good.

Also, Tomcatred55 said:

"Could you not rotate the image before applying the border if you are to edit from within PTE?

I must admit I thought you were talking about an image rotating during the show, whilst it's border stayed still."

If nothing else, the discussion in this thread will help him to see that a frame in PTE is a very different animal from the idea of a border, which he is confusing it with.

We're all here to help each other aren't we?

Regards

wideangle

2 hours ago, wideangle said:

If nothing else, the discussion in this thread will help him (Tomcatred55) to see that a frame in PTE is a very different animal from the idea of a border, which he is confusing it with.

Regards

wideangle

Could it be the title of the thread, and on the video, that gave me the idea of a "border" rather than a "frame".

Tom,

I have always had a little difficulty in knowing what to call the Line/Border because in PTE terminology it is officially a BORDER.

If you do it in Photoshop I assume that you are using the STROKE command to put a Stroke Line around the image.

Photoshop creates this line INSIDE the boundary of the image but can also place it outside or on the selection.

PTE places the BORDER (Stroke Line) OUTSIDE of the Image Boundary hence the need for this "workaround" to get the Border/Line inside the Image Boundary and not change the Aspect Ratio of the composite Image with Border.

Framing (not FRAME), in PTE Terminology allows you to Pan and Zoom within the boundary of an Image, with or without Border, which has been reduced from 100% Zoom to (for instance) 80-90% of full screen. Note that in the Video I referred to FRAMING (in O&A) and not to A FRAME.