WnSoft Forums

Suggestion for Slideshow Club...

Lin Evans

Since a number of people have shows which are too large to fit the 125 meg limit of Slideshow Club. Would it be possible to design one more feature which allows the user to bypass uploading zipped PC or Mac Windows files and just embed a YouTube video? Right now in order to do that it's necessary to first upload a zipped file before being allowed to access that portion of the site which allows embedding the video. If the process of uploading a zipped file first could be bypassed then users could still post their larger shows as embedded videos? 

Best regards,

Lin

Why not do the embedding here instead?

It costs nothing and has already been proven to work. YouTube and Vimeo presentations could be posted in the Slideshows and AV section.

If it would have any negative impact on the Forum I am sure Igor could advise on that.

Maybe the whole section needs to be looked at after the work on v10 is completed. 

Should it be open to all or just to members who have logged in?

Though there is nothing wrong with embedding shows here - most of us do that already - the advantage of having a site like slideshow club is that when people are looking for slideshow software and do not know the name of the company, the generic term "slideshow" will bring them a link where they recognize the name and can immediately go and see shows made lately as well a shows made many, many years ago.

I think that having a place like "Slideshow Club" along with examples posted here is very useful as a marketing tool. It's already up and running and one doesn't need to know a priori that the product featured is any particular brand. However, it would be very nice if it were possible to embed videos there without having to upload zipped files first. In some cases the zipped files are just too large to fit the limitations. 

Just my $.02

Best regards,

Lin

I don't disagree with you but rather I was offering a compromise.

I have already put forward a suggestion regarding posting MP4 at Slideshowclub where the EXE is in excess of 128Mb. It works and allows for the MP4 to be added there in the description or comments if that is what the poster wants.

My feeling is that by doing what is suggested here would turn Slideshowclub into another PTE Forum albeit dedicated to shows.

Slideshowclub for EXE's, where IMHO 128Mb is ample. If the show is too large because it is predominantly Video then, following Igor's advice, the output for that show SHOULD be MP4 and CAN be embedded here without problem.

My 2p. :)

DG

Hi Dave,

I think the problem with embedding the MP4 only here is that it isn't readily available to be seen by the general public. Slideshow club is open to the public and the ability to demonstrate shows which are much larger than the 125 meg limit on Slideshow Club is important. Today, users often create videos which when saved as exe files or zipped MacIntosh files are way too large to work with Slideshow Club. Some of these need to be seen by the general public.

I was absolutely amazed at the misconceptions on a forum devoted to a competitive product. The vast majority of their users had absolutely no clue what was possible with PTE because they had no exposure to it. The more widely PTE shows are distributed (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Slideshow Club, Wix Video, Wistia, Video Cloud by Brightcove, SproutVideo, Daily Motion, etc., ) the more people will buy the product. 

Since we already have Slideshow Club and only minor changes need to be made to it to allow embedding large videos already posted on video hosting platforms without needing to upload zipped exe files, my thoughts are that this would be a normal progression especially since before long we will have 64 bit capability and shows will get even larger.

Best regards,

Lin