WnSoft Forums

Blending mode "Add"

Pieter

I would like to 'superimpose' a videofile (mp4, so no alpha channel) containing light leak effects onto some objects in a slide. 

In Adobe products (like After Effects and Premiere) you can use the blending mode "Add" to achieve this . Is such a blending mode also available in PTE9?

If not, any suggestions on how to create this effect ?

Pieter

Pieter,

Put the video and object on different layers and try setting opacity on both the object and the video to other than 100% to achieve a blend. Also, you can change the background from the default black to other colors or white to achieve different blending effects.

Best regards,

Lin

I'm sorry to say, but PTE does not offer Addition (nor do most of the other AV programs). It would be fine if PTE would offer Addition, and it would even be better if there were the blending mode "Screen" (in German "Negativ multiplizieren") that we know from Photoshop. Addition and Screen offer possibilities to create screen effects (to some extend) that we can see when blending classical slides (diapositives).

Lin,

Thanks for your advice. 

I've already played with the opacity settings but your tip to change the background color of the slide is a very good one too. I'll give it a go.

Thanks jt49 for your reaction.

Perhaps the Add and Screen blending modes can go on the backlog for one of the following versions of PTE?

Kind regards.

Pieter

In Photoshop (CS3) the blend modes I use most often are  'Overlay' , 'Screen' and 'Multiply'

I don't have 'Add' blend mode - is this the same as 'Multiply'?

It would be useful if PTE could replicate the different modes in Photoshop if at all possible.

Jill

Jill,

Blend mode 'Add' is in the third group (the lighten blend modes) - it's listed as Linear Dodge (Add) in my version (not sure if older versions just listed it as Linear Dodge).

It's actually the strongest of the lighten blend modes, being a stronger version of Screen, just as Linear Burn is a stronger version of Multiply.

The modes you mention are the most useful for most purposes, though I also find myself using Color and Luminosity on occasion, as well as Difference if I'm trying to align images accurately within Photoshop.

Eric

• 1 year later...