WnSoft Forums

Signature simulation

denwell

Thanks for the update Dave. We will stay in touch and as you can see, much of what you have already done can be used very effectively with PTE so as we get more users, I'm certain there will still be a market for your great products! 

Best regards,

Lin

Yep, Dave, those are the ones that Jennifer built.  Actually, the second from the top would be that hardest to make because it contains letters that produce continuous flow of the pen, such as the "ou" combination where the ending upstroke of the "o" must exactly match to the beginning stroke of the "u".  This may not sound like that big of a deal, but it is.  In font jargon, it's called kerning, and it is much more demanding to kern a flowing font than one that simple is scripting letters near to each other where a pixel here or a pixel there makes no difference.  In fact, if you look closely, the "av" pair shows a bit of an issue.  Though kerned properly, it would have been better to extend the tail of the "a" a little more or, perhaps' extend the beginning sweep of the "v"...or both.  This is what becomes very tedious in building CAP fontsets.

But, I'm glad you got Jennifer's fontsets to play with.  I'm sure they will give you more options to match your scripting style to the themes of your shows.

Dave

Also - all the flourishes can be reversed (horizontally flipped) and/or vertically so that they can be used, for example in the four corners of a page...  Nice job of demonstrating the fonts Dave.. Of course all of this  "flipping" can be also done with PTE"s own control, but it's nice to, for example, to be able to output a single video which when played does it all without further manipulation.

Best regards,

Lin

Dav Fitzpatrick,

I just purchased the Video Package today and look forward to producing some things to use with PTE shows.  I've run into some difficulties and the "Contact" page on your web site won't send my e-mail help request without a Captcha entered and when I enter one I'm sent to a page saying that the feature is no longer available.  Can you provide an e-mail address where I can pose my questions or resolve the problem on the site?

Thanks,

leon

Leon, and others,

There is a problem with my contact widget on my site that I have not been able to resolve.  But, that said, I would prefer to answer questions about the SE Combo package in a more open forum, such as this.  That way, I can avoid responding to the same question multiple times.  I plan to continue frequenting this board and will be happy to answer any questions which arise related to my software packages here.

Thanks - - Dave

Sample done entirely in CaptionsAlive Pro and upscaled for text and flourishes image - compared to 16:9 image after fade. Not bad but would probably be sharper with full HD version when and if available...

Best regards,

Lin

https://youtu.be/u8qLLgmhvKg