WnSoft Forums

Slide Styles for transitions by threshold effect.

Jean-Cyprien

Hi,

The styles that I propose are not transitions in the sense of PTE. They make it possible to obtain three slides, a slide with an initial image, a slide with a final image, and between the two, a slide making the transition between them.

You must provide the initial and final images, AND an image that will be used to construct the transition, which may be a pattern, or an image that you have chosen. This image is very important, you will put in it all your imagination and creativity. Hence the choice of styles, not transitions, because I think it is more easy to change the slides for (and given by) a style than to modify a personal transition.

I urge you to read the manual to better understand. As I’m talkative and I speak to beginners, it is a bit long ... But it’s not complicated.

You will find here
  - some examples of what you can do, (the pictures are of poor quality, we had to make light),
  - the manual   (a translation from a French version, thus duplicates with Paiche59’s explanations)
  - the style files (file to unzip, of course)

To import these styles, you select an image from the Slide list (no matter which one), then you click "Slide Style", then "Tools", and you choose "Import Style". You choose a style (a file that ends with .ptestyle), then "Apply".
To continue, click on "Tools" again ...

The manual is in the following message

Have fun !

Jean-Cyprien

Examples and style files.zip

Thank you Jean-Cyprien for this great work of pedagogy and formalization about the technique of the threshold mask. I hope that this technique will open up new perspectives for creativity, not only for transition effects but also for other animations to be integrated into the views.

A brief remark about the rendering between softness (denevele) and blurred: I prefer the rendering of the blur effect to that of the denevele (difference between the values of the black and white points), but the blur leaves the edge of the image of the second view slightly transparent. As a result, at the end of the transition, the full display of the second view causes a slight start. That's why I use the denevele for transitions.

Best regards,
Pascal.

• 4 weeks later...