WnSoft Forums

keyboard control of show

aplman

I must be getting older AND dumber!  I cannot seem to control a show using keyboard to go back as well as forward.  Is there a way to define key actions as there is for mouse control?

Ken Travers.

My exe show has been behaving quite erratically.  Sometimes left/right/up/down keys work, sometimes not. (Windows 10)

Ken T.

As long as you have 'allow keyboard control' ticked in project options, then space-bar should pause the exe and left and right arrow keys should go backward and forward.

I have never had to define mouse clicks or any other settings and never had any problems with it not working.

Windows 7, maybe something in Windows 10 that works differently?

Jill

4 hours ago, aplman said:

I must be getting older AND dumber!  I cannot seem to control a show using keyboard to go back as well as forward.  Is there a way to define key actions as there is for mouse control?

Ken,

Please read comments from Barry and Jill above.

Alternatively you can use Pause/Break key on the top row of your keyboard. Or special Play/Pause key on some keyboards with multimedia keys. 

Thank you all for trying to help.  Here is what I have now found;

No other program interfering.

In Project Options/Control/Keyboard, both "Wait for keypress …" and "Permit control …" are ticked.

Most slides have "Wait for keypress to show next slide" ticked.

Is this bunch of settings appropriate for a show where I want to linger on each slide, and be able to go forward to next slide, or back to previous slide?

Thanks again

Ken T.