WnSoft Forums

Multiple Exposure Video Test

tom95521

Trying to create something in PTE that was created with another product. Kind of like motion blur but different.

3 copies of video
top layer 12% opacity - 1 second start time offset
middle layer 25% opacity - 0.5 second start time offset
bottom layer 100% opacity - 0 second start time offset

I don't think the blending mode is perfect but you can still see the multiple exposure effect. Spacing is controlled by time offset. The videos should be shot with a tripod so the focus is sharp for the background (ocean is out of focus).

Videos from https://www.pexels.com/videos/

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Lin,

I'll PM you a link to the video. I think they use a different method based on combining a number of still photos and fading opacity compared to PTE video delayed start time. Adobe After Effects has the ability to do this too.

Thanks,
Tom

It might be possible to simulate long exposure (motion trail) if you make enough copies of video and start time offset closer together. I have only experimented with 3 layers of video.

Thanks,
Tom

I think PTE could manage to play a large number of video copies but it would require a different blending mode (additive?) to make it look realistic. Right now the layers do not blend properly. That's why I have set the 2 top layers to very low opacity values so they do not wash out the background video too much. It's a fun experiment.

Thanks,
Tom