WnSoft Forums

Impossible to Create HD video in 4K on my desktop

jmG-06100

I have trouble generating 4K videos on my high-spec desktop, while there is no problem on my laptop for the same 4 minutes slide show (33 views).  The laptop is a very efficient machine, an MSI GS63 8RD-06FR Stealth.  Otherwise, PTE runs fine and the EXE output files are OK.  I use the latest PTE version 9.0.22 on MS/Windows 10.

For an output in full HD (1920x1080) it takes 00:03:06 for 226 MB of MP4 file (on the Desktop).

For a 4K version (3840x2160) the process stops in 00:08:45 with a very small 10 kB output file and there is no termination.

For 4000x2250 pixels as output (for instance), the generating process freezes quickly, like for 4K, with the statement “Video Encoding 100%, Time Elapsed: 00:00:00  Time Remaining 00:00:00 ; and all I can then do is “cancel” and then confirm that I really want to “Terminate”.  And then PTE itself crashes (no response)!

I have tried many different sizes and 3390x1906 pixels gives an MP4 file of 514 MB that is OK.

A slightly bigger definition of 3420x1923 pixels fails with again a 10 kB output and no proper termination of the file generation.

The MSI laptop uses a GPU by NVIDIA: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and 16 MB of RAM, while the Desktop has a GeForce RTX 2060 with 8 MB of RAM.  Is that the difference?

Will that problem be solved by the future PTE-10 version (64 bits)?

Thank you for an idea...

Encoding of 4K video is working near to limit of 32-bit app. Usually it should work, but in some kind of scenes (or too heavy images) PTE will reach out of memory.

I recommend to wait for PTE 10 Beta which is 64-bit. We'll publish first Beta within 2 weeks.

Thank you, Igor, for the good news.  I can wait a few more weeks, that's okay.

Still, I find it strange that exactly the same PTE input files can be handled on the laptop, while the very powerful desktop fails.  As you state we're just on either sides of a thin border line.

Both these computer are quite new (March this year), and I believe that my previous Desktop (5 years old) running on MS/Windows 7 would succeed in generating the 4K videos (but it took a long long time).