WnSoft Forums

Strange hickup in Publishing [SOLVED]

Laszlo K

I always promptly update but this time I had a surprise when I wanted to publish an EXE and an .MP4 file of the same project. I found the rendering of the EXE file much faster than before   but when I tried to play back after the second slide it would cut away/off. The MP4 did the same. The project is a 500 MB file with a 2 1/2  minute video about 2/3 into the clip. I'm used to work with large files and this is the first time that I ever got stuck with PTE like this. I made several attempts and finally I managed to produce an MP4 file that was working. I noticed that the HD video publishing page was different than before. For example there was no option to make a second pass.
I'm running Windows 10 on a custom built for video desktop so I have plenty of power and memory to deal with 500MB

I had made shows with images from the same camera (same size not reduced) without any issues. One of my last show was the same length (close to 12 minutes) with 5 audio tracks. Absolutely no problem.

Any idea? Where should I look for possible problem. I use full size images from an Olympus mirrorless OMD Mark ii, HD MP4 video files an Wav audio files all the time running smooth as butter.

Laszlo

Hi Igor

Thanks you for getting back to me. I found it very strange since I considered PTE is the ultimate foolproof program over the years.

I chopped of most of the project but left the beginning intact. So there is a short EXE with the problem. Also a screen shot when I tried to play off the timeline in full screen. It is doing what it did when I published in HD resolution (MP4) and an MP4 full resolution which actually rendered properly. Don't understand why?

I did changed the fonts of the title,removed the title, removed the black slide (which is the one of right click to create black but not a real image) swapped the images 1-2 and 3 and changed time duration. The only thing I didn't do is to restart the project.

The original project consist of 118 image files and one 2min 18 sec mp4 video file which has been converted by PTE Total file size 498 MB

Here is the Zip File:https://send.firefox.com/download/9d144e38346f28d9/#MyRiqhYtP2JKuIMPNdHv9g

Thanks again

Regards

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

I observe a pause at the end of 1st slidw when I play this EXE file. Do you mean this problem?

If yes, please open the Project Options > Control tab > and untick "Wait for a key press to show next slide" option.

By default, this options is turned off for new projects.

MP4 video seems to be OK?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor

Thanks for the time to look into this issue. In my case was not a pause but a complete cut away (shot the player off). I will be editing some video and slides today so I will pay attention to the control tab option.

Thanks again

Laszlo

• Igor changed the title to Strange hickup in Publishing [SOLVED]