WnSoft Forums

Network Drives

cjo

I just downloaded the trial version of PicturesToExe v. 9.  On my home network I have a NAS where I keep my photos and videos in separate folders. I mount those 2 folders as network drives (Z: and Y:) in Windows 10 on my graphics workstation. When I click the "Drives" (C:) icon in the menu bar at the top of PicturesToExe the drop down list shows my internal SSD (C:), my internal HDD (D:), a USB drive (E:), and my DVD drive (F:), but NOT Z: or Y:. Will network drives be supported in v10?

I just downloaded the trial version of PTE v9. I also have a NAS where I store photos and videos. I am running Win10. I mapped a root folder on the NAS as a network drive on my PC (Z:).  I would like the network drive to show up in the Drives drop-down list, but only my internal SSD (C:), internal HDD (D:), a USB disk (E:), and DVD drive (F:) show up.  

I tried the suggested work-around, but I cannot use Windows Explorer to drag and drop photos stored on my NAS into the Project Options panel in PTE that says "Add images...here from a file list above." When I click on a JPEG and drag it into that PTE panel the cursor turns into a circle with a diagonal slash. 

Hi,

It's strange problem, because PicturesToExe always supported mapped network drives.

Can you map a network drive again using the following instruction:

https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/mapping-a-network-drive-on-your-windows-10-pc/

Also try to restart PicturesToExe when you re-mapped networked drives.

Future PTE 10 will support directly network folders.

That's how I created my mapped network drives (well before I even downloaded the trial version of PTE). Yesterday they did not show up in the drives drop-down list. Today they do!!!  In between I did a cold boot. Perhaps that fixed the problem.