WnSoft Forums

A few basic questions...

jymb

May be missing something basic but when working in the Objects & Animations area, is there any way to save changes you've made without having to "close" first? 

Also, at least with my workflow there are times when I get into all kinds of "trouble" when mucking with numerous settings and I just want to bail out and get back to where I started. Is there any way to "Revert" as one can do with other programs without having to close & reopen PTE?

Hi,

When you work in the Objects and animation editor you can click Tools button and choose "Undo All Changes" from a popup menu. This command will revert all changes in current session of O&A editor. Or use Undo/Redo commands for one step backward/forward.

In future PTE 10 you can press Ctrl+S hotkey to save a project in O&A editor.

Also in any version of PTE you can enable Auto Save feature in the Preferences (main menu > Settings > Preferences). It works even in the O&A editor.

Thanks for the input Igor.  Ctrl + S in O&A will definitely help.

Never been a fan of Auto Save myself. I can understand how in principle it can help, but I prefer to manage my own save points.

For example (assuming the Cntrl+S feature is present), I may be working in O&A and add/adjust a number of keyframes, then SAVE. Make several other changes then SAVE. Finally get a brilliant idea of something I want to do only to find out it was a bad idea (happens often!). I don't want to lose the changes I made during the first two SAVEs but at the same time I don't want to save these last misguided steps. Seems the only option at that point is to close the program, don't SAVE, then reopen. Having an option to simply "Revert" would be work well. 

Not huge issues but just wondering if perhaps others work the same way.

7 hours ago, Igor said:

Hi,

When you work in the Objects and animation editor you can click Tools button and choose "Undo All Changes" from a popup menu. This command will revert all changes in current session of O&A editor. Or use Undo/Redo commands for one step backward/forward.

In future PTE 10 you can press Ctrl+S hotkey to save a project in O&A editor.

Also in any version of PTE you can enable Auto Save feature in the Preferences (main menu > Settings > Preferences). It works even in the O&A editor.

I would recommend a simple version management. Whenever you save some changes, save the project a second time using a new name (counting up a number as part of the project name). Then continue working with the new version.

2 hours ago, jt49 said:

I would recommend a simple version management. Whenever you save some changes, save the project a second time using a new name (counting up a number as part of the project name). Then continue working with the new version.

That's my system too - you can then revert to whatever stage you like.

On completion of the project just delete the redundant saves.

I've always avoided Autosave in any program.

Regards

wideangle

9 hours ago, jt49 said:

Yep, exactly what I typically do. In fact I was working on a pretty large project using Premiere Pro and given the constant changes along with some "go back" requests, I was using a naming convention along the lines of Project_01, Project_02, Project_03 etc. etc. to make sequential changes. I was up to over 40 "Save as" before that project was wrapped up.

Hopefully other than Cntrl+S being an option with PTE 10, there will be a "Save as" option in order to use this strategy. And I still would like to see my "Revert" option. :D

Not a big deal either way...