WnSoft Forums

Thoughts about Promotion of PTE V10

Almark

We have many loyal followers of PTE, all over the world. Once the final release candidate is available; I am sure many of us will want to help Igor promote this new PTE version, by creating social media posts, that will help spread the word.

The power of modern social media is uncanny. Whether it be FaceBook, Vimeo, Instagram, YouTube, etc. All of these platforms can allow PTE users to spread the word.

I suspect most folks will want to mention the new version of PTE, include an example of their work (made with PTE) and link to where more details and a trial download can be found. However; some folks, whilst fully supportive of PTE, may not know how to do this. Or, they may not have an example of their work to show.

To break it down, there are 3 elements:
1. PTE V10 is now available...
2.  Here is an example...
3.  Download a trial version here (link) and have some fun!

Once the V10 is released, I will offer a boiler plate text to cover 1 and 3. (In both text and html).

But, we will really need folks to help out by offering links to their shows on Youtube, Vimeo, etc. - for paragraph 2.

Just some thoughts about how we can help promote PTE10, all ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Well done Mark, a very nice gesture from you to do this.

Once version 10 is released, as with previous releases, I will also advertise it on the AV News website and in the AV Links email newsletter

We will also be having a PTE 10 night at the  Wilmslow Guild AV Group to go through all the new features. (the new season programme is still to be finalised).

Jill

Hi Ron

Totally agree, the PTE family should promote this great software, because it is good for everyone. I have many demos about animation possibilities. I am going to prepare some that can be used as examples.

MUR

17 hours ago, jkb said:

Well done Mark, a very nice gesture from you to do this.

Once version 10 is released, as with previous releases, I will also advertise it on the AV News website and in the AV Links email newsletter

We will also be having a PTE 10 night at the  Wilmslow Guild AV Group to go through all the new features. (the new season programme is still to be finalised).

Jill

I'll watch out for the date Jill. It would be a good excuse to visit my daughter and granddaughters in Manchester.

I have made a new 321 sequence (lasting 3 minutes 21 seconds). I made it in V10 beta 23 and all went smoothly. It took 90 minutes to make. I'll put it on Vimeo and link it when the final version arrives.

Ron, I'll post a link, once PTEV10 is released. It's nothing fancy, with 321 you only have 3 minutes 21 seconds to get your story across. The sequence is called Worlds Apart showing two aspects, or sides, of life in India.