WnSoft Forums

New PicturesToExe Group Forming on MeWe

Lin Evans

The question was raised on our Facebook group about why we "need" another group and whether it was advisable to advertise such within an existing group. It's all about options and the new MeWe group is not a "replacement" for the active Facebook group, it's for people who are switching or spending more time on other social media sites and for people who wish to expand their social media options.

Facebook has come under some rather serious privacy issues lately and has lost a major litigation potentially costing them billions of dollars. There are a number of people who are leaving Facebook and having the option to join yet another rapidly growing social media site which takes privacy very, very seriously is compelling. Sadly I have Facebook friends who have had their posts, pictures and so on removed by Facebook with absolutely no good reason. In some cases the Facebook response was downright laughable. One friend had a picture of his new colt and its mom removed by Facebook because, according to Facebook, it violated their policy on "nudity" - Go figure. My response to him was that perhaps he should in the future put a blanket on any horses pictures he posts on Facebook. 

Here's some information in the link below by the founder of MeWe which may be of interest. Personally, I'm not leaving Facebook but having another social media option is not a bad thing. There are a number of people who are members of our FB group who are also members of the new group on MeWe.

https://medium.com/@markweinstein/7-remarkable-reasons-to-ditch-facebook-today-a14f5c69a59a

Lin

I recommend posting videos to YouTube rather than directly to the MeWe Group because we each have an 8 gigabyte limit which the poster will bear against their own free limit. To get more storage is fairly inexpensive, but when only embedding videos one doesn't suffer any penalty against the free limit. 

Best regards,

Lin

• 1 month later...
  • Igor unpinned this topic