WnSoft Forums

New Computer...to deal with V10's HA

goddi

Greetings,

I am planning on getting a new PC (for my wife) and I want it to be able to handle the V10's HA. It's been a while since I looked around for a PC. My current one is working well with HA, etc., but I want to be sure to have good results for this new PC. I am not familiar with  the AMD Ryzen or the Nvidia's GTX vs RTX, when it comes to working with PTE.

Here are 4 examples and just wondering if anyone has any opinions, one way or the other. Also, should I steer away from integrated graphics  such as 'Intel UHD Graphics 630'?

Gary

• AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor 3.2GHz

• NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6

• 16GB DDR4 RAM

• 500GB SSD

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

• $699.99

"The PowerSpec G502 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor, an ASRock B450 Pro system board powered by a 600W PSU, 16GB DDR4 2666 RAM, a 500GB SSD, and an Nvidia GTX 1660Ti 6GB discrete video card to provide an incredible experience playing the most demanding games in the market today! Note: This system is preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro software."

===================================================

• Intel Core i7-8700 Processor 3.2GHz

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5

• 16GB DDR4 RAM

• 512GB NVMe SSD

• Microsoft Windows 10 Home

• Dell XPS 8930

• $899.99

====================================================

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Processor 3.2GHz

• NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

• 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM

• 500GB SSD

• $899.99

"The PowerSpec G704 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the AMD Ryzen 7 2700 unlocked processor, an ASRock B450 Pro system board powered by a 600W PSU, 16GB DDR4 2666 RAM, a 500GB SSD, and an NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB discrete video card to provide an incredible experience playing the most demanding games in the market today! Note: This system is preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro software."

============================================================

• Intel Core i7-9700k Processor 3.6GHz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 500GB Solid State Drive
  • $799.99

The PowerSpec B742 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the Intel Core i7-9700K Unlocked processor, a 500GB Solid State Drive, 16GB of DDR4 memory, and the ASRock Z390 Pro 4 system board powered by a 600W power supply providing an excellent value loaded platform for your most demanding computing needs! Note: This system is preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro software. Intel UHD Graphics 630 .

Gary,

I can verify the AMD 7 2700 processor works great with PTE 10. I decided on an AMD CPU when all the Spectre/Meltdown/... security problems were in the news. My AMD computer has a Nvidia 1060 3GB and seems to work fine with PTE 10. Memory usage is usually around 1.5 GB on my 1920x1080 slideshows. I can only assume the Nvidia 2060 would be even better.

Igor can probably recommend which of the systems listed would work the best with PTE 10 hardware acceleration, video hardware encoding, and number of CPU cores. The AMD graphics cards may not be supported as well as the more popular Nvidia graphics cards.

The prices quoted seem reasonable.

Good luck. I'm already thinking about my next computer.

Tom

Greetings Tom,

Thanks... Yes, just after I had posted my  question, I found Igor's post. I am still wondering if it the Intel Graphics 630 is sufficient for PTE or is it better to get the Nvidia card?

For the Intel Graphic 630, I see that " Due to its lack of dedicated graphics memory or eDRAM cache, the UHD 630 has to access the main memory (2x 64-bit DDR3L-1600 / DDR4-2133) ". Not sure if that would work well with HA? Seems safer to go with the Nvidia with its own memory?

Gary

Gary,

Intel Graphics 630 is not optimal graphics for PTE. Currently all Intel video graphics offer poor performance in 3D graphics. And I don't recommend any of them, especially for a new computer which you plan to use for at least several years.

Even slowest and cheapest Geforce 1030 works on 200-300% faster than Intel Graphics 630.

There is one exception, if you need ultra portable laptop 12"..13" for travelling Intel graphics is the only one option. In this case it's OK.

Gary,

After watching a raytraced video of Minecraft I would probably get the Nvidia 2060 AMD computer and it should be future proof for at least 3 years. I know AMD wants to take over the GPU market but Nvidia is still number one.

Tom