WnSoft Forums

Copy slide options to another slide

MikeA

Yup! I thought that would be the response. But I don't want to apply something I can't edit from slide to slide. Basically I want the same set of keyframes applied at set intervals to a bunch of slides and then would like to tweak each later. Thanks for the reply.

What makes you think you can't edit from slide to slide? Just apply a style then tweak the settings! I do this all the time... The fact that a style is applied to a slide doesn't mean the settings are chiseled in stone.

Best regards,

Lin

Am I wrong - is there no obvious way to edit a style you create? The only way I see is to bring up a slide where you have applied the style, make changes, and then save the style as a  new style creation but having the same name as the existing one. PTE will ask if you want to overwrite. Did I miss something again?

Mike,

No, you didn't miss anything, that's essentially how one would edit a style. Creating styles, especially complex styles, is sometimes an iterative process where you make changes then try the style; make more changes, etc., until you get it the way you want. 

Best regards,

Lin 

There is yet another way to do that, if you're shy with styles:
First copy the image (the one with the animation that you want to keep) to another slide, then, in that new slide, simply substitute that image by another: in Objects & Animation click on the animated picture to select it, go to properties and select another "Picture" by clicking on the small triangle at the right of the name; that takes you to the list of files in the default folder (and you can navigate at will).