WnSoft Forums

Slide color correction

MikeA

It's great to have the color correction ability. However, the controls are not easy to use. First there is no range for the numbers one can enter. Some seem to go to 255 and others to 100. Moreover, there is no guide to what these numbers do - 0 = no saturation, 100 (or 255) means full saturation? And then you have to play with the numbers to see what effect you will get. This is particularly so for Hue, where different numbers change the hue in different ways. It would be much nice to have sliding markers on bars so one can see instantly what the effect is. These could be accompanied by number boxes so that tweaking (rather than having to micro-manage the mouse (MMM) ) is easy. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

The horizontal click and drag next to the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness text labels act like virtual sliders and the numeric values and image are both updated in real time. Did you want actual gui slider controls?

Tom

That's what I was wanting, thanks! I guess I hadn't seen the cursor change to the double-headed arrow. I'd just gone straight to the number box. It's not exactly self evident and I'm not sure it's explained in the Help material. I haven't checked the latter but did look in that stuff and failed to see it. Could be me. I would suggest making the operation more obvious.

Great. I have been using PTE for awhile now and still learning new things. The online manual is really good as a reference tool. I found this which mentions the mouse controls in animation properties.

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/objectsandanimation_1/animation_tab#changing_parameters_with_the_mouse

Tom