WnSoft Forums

How do I move slides from one sequence to another?

jmG-06100

The procedure to COPY / PASTE a sequence of slides from one project to another works fine, as described in:

It also works from / to a single project.  Good.

What I want to do, is MOVE the slide sequence from one location on my timeline (or rather Slide List view ) to another location, i.e. perform a CUT and PASTE of a group of slides, rather that COPY / PASTE and then DELETE the sequence from its intial  location; this is for a single project.  Is that already possible in PTE? It does not seem so.

Anyone else interested in that feature?

Highlight the slides you wish to move & drag  them to the new position.

This may be easier in the fullscreen Slidelist view when you can see more (all) the slides.
Click the little triangle next to Slides/Timeline bottom right of screen.

Jill

1 hour ago, jkb said:

Highlight the slides you wish to move & drag  them to the new position.

This may be easier in the fullscreen Slidelist view when you can see more (all) the slides.
Click the little triangle next to Slides/Timeline bottom right of screen.

Jill

Jill, Thanks. Did not know that!!! Super idea.

Gary

Diolch (Thank you), Jill, for your response. 

The fullscreen Slidelist is indeed a good place to start.  But I can only move one slide at a time by "drag & drop" and have not succeeded, after selecting a group of slides to move them all together, as only a single one seems to respond.  When I do a right-hand click on a group of slides, I can only do a "Copy", not a "Cut".  I have tried PTE-9 and PTE-10, and no difference for that.  Maybe that worked with an older version of PTE?

5 hours ago, davegee said:

I think that the procedure that you referenced in the OP is now out of date. 

Have you checked the Online Help?

DG

Yes, Dave, I did check the on-line guide first, searching for the keyword "cut" and nothing seemed to apply to the moving of slides around a given project..

I assumed that you want to copy / paste slides between Projects.

This updates the Post that you referred to in the OP which details an older procedure for copy/paste between projects:

https://docs.picturestoexe.com/en-us/9.0/techniques/copy_slides

Personally, I cannot conceive a reason to want to CUT / Paste between projects and I think that it might be a dangerous procedure. If the wrong option were chosen, it could leave you with a broken, incomplete original project.

DG

Not quite between different projects (the "Copy" works ok).  I want to reorganize a given project by shifting a sequence from the start, say, towards the end of the slideshow.  So far I can only duplicate a sequence and then I have to go back to delete the slides from their initial positions.

16 minutes ago, jmG-06100 said:

Not quite between different projects (the "Copy" works ok).  I want to reorganize a given project by shifting a sequence from the start, say, towards the end of the slideshow.  So far I can only duplicate a sequence and then I have to go back to delete the slides from their initial positions.

I tried Jill's method in Beta 35 and it works perfectly in the fullscreen Slidelist view (clicking on the triangle). You can highlight several slides in sequence or highlight random images. I drag the highlighted group and I can move them to a new spot. They are 'moved', not 'copied'.

Gary

I feel very silly as I am still unable to "drag and drop".  It must be something obvious that I am missing and if you could show me on my keyboard it would probably be straight forward.

I can easly highlight a group of slides (contiguous or not) and the black frame around them turns blue (PTE-10  beta 34).  So far so good. 

Now, I realise after many aborted attempts, that I have to select my group of image, then do a left-click in the MIDDLE of one of the slides.  In fact I was clicking at the Bottom Right corner which got rid of my selection.

Many thanks, Jill, Dave and Gary for pushing me into a succesful "drag and drop" at last.  Strange as one can repeat the same procedure without seeing the slight change required to make it wwork.

SOLVED.  No real need to suggest anything more, apart from a "Cut = CTRL X" option perhaps, along the Copy and Paste existing options.

5 hours ago, jkb said:

The Cut option CTRL+X works for Objects in O&A.

Jill

That's right, and I use that feature a lot, every time I have inserted an object as a child of a parent when I did not want to: I cut it from its parental branch, move to the right level (or out of them all) and paste it down where I really want it.