WnSoft Forums

How do I open a show that I've downloaded on Win10?

cagney123

Haven't worked with Windows 10 very long. I still like Windows 7 but it's future is not long for this world. I've downloaded recent shows

and windows asks for an app. I'm used to just clicking the show and away we go. I'm sure it's a quick fix as I couldn't find any info.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

When installing PTE 10 there is a place where you can tell Windows which application to use with PTE files by a check box, but it it's already installed and that box wasn't checked, I think this link will explain how to set PTE as the application to open pte files. It "might" be quicker to just reinstall PTE 10 and look carefully at the choices.

Best regards,

Lin

https://techforluddites.com/windows-10-change-the-default-programs-for-opening-files/

Thanks again Lin. I deleted and reinstalled and missed the box to check so I finally did the windows thing and located the app file for PTE. I'm on my way now enjoying others' shows.

Since I take steroids I'm up most of the night so these slideshows are fun. I'm also going to get going on the MEWE site as I'm tired of FB. Thanks for all the help.

Jeff