WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Studio10-Problem with Publish/Convert

goddi

Igor,

I hate to bring up this question because I can't replicate it. But I was not doing anything out of the ordinary. The project was just one short video clip that I had Separated the Audio from the Video.

When I tried to Publish the single video clip project, the processing window came up but it just sat at 0%. Tried to terminate it but the window seemed to freeze up. I had to use Task Manager to close PTE. After reopening the project, it, again, did the same thing. Had to use Task Manager to close PTE. I then just jiggled the audio that I had separated from the single video clip. and then it worked. Not really sure what was going on but it was a strange occurrence. So, just a heads up on what happened. Maybe nothing.

But, one other thing, I had to separate the audio from the video clip because after the clip was Trimmed/Converted, and it made the audio to be a bit out of sync. I had to move the audio slightly to line up with the video. Probably a more serious problem.

Gary

Gary,

Please send me a project(s) where both problems occurred.

Also send me a screenshot of a window with video encoding settings which you chosen.

I can't reproduce these problems. I tried to add a a video clip with separated audio, video encoding works correctly.

Sound is synced with video.

Gary,

Thanks for the video file and screenshot with settings.

I see the problem with out of sync after rewinding in original WMV video in PTE 10.

If I convert the original WMV video to a MP4 using a new converter of PTE 10 (without trimming),  a resulting video file plays correctly and synced with audio. Do you observe this?

I'm afraid that we can't quickly (if at all) find a reason of out of sync problem with WMV, because this video format is terrible. I often observed slow rewinding in WMV and other problems.

Note, that same problem occurs in previous PTE 9, althought we fully rewrote the code of video/audio playing in PTE 10, using new video/audio decoders. It seems to be a bug in WMV decoders. The most likely there is a secret knowledge how to correctly rewind WMV video keeping audio synchronization in other players.

P.S. I noticed on your screenshot that you use Bitrate 8000kbit mode for video encoding. We recommend to use Quality mode, because it gives better video quality and optimizes file size. If some scene in a video is simple for encoding it uses less bitrate, more complex scenes may use higher bitrate. It works like Quality in saving of JPEG images. So I highly recommend to use Quality mode, but Bitrate mode. Using Bitrate mode you have to manually calculate it's optimal value according pixel size of a video picture, refresh rate, type of scene. Quality mode is very smart and performs all this job for you.

Yesterday I had the same problem but not caused by an audio file.

I tried to publish the project to mp4 but I chose another destination on an external hard drive (USB 3) for the export file.

The processing window came up but it just sat at 0% and had also to use the Task Manager to close PTE.

I did the same procedure but on the local drive and everting went well.

Luc

17 hours ago, Igor said:

Gary,

Thanks for the video file and screenshot with settings.

I see the problem with out of sync after rewinding in original WMV video in PTE 10.

If I convert the original WMV video to a MP4 using a new converter of PTE 10 (without trimming),  a resulting video file plays correctly and synced with audio. Do you observe this?

I'm afraid that we can't quickly (if at all) find a reason of out of sync problem with WMV, because this video format is terrible. I often observed slow rewinding in WMV and other problems.

Note, that same problem occurs in previous PTE 9, althought we fully rewrote the code of video/audio playing in PTE 10, using new video/audio decoders. It seems to be a bug in WMV decoders. The most likely there is a secret knowledge how to correctly rewind WMV video keeping audio synchronization in other players.

P.S. I noticed on your screenshot that you use Bitrate 8000kbit mode for video encoding. We recommend to use Quality mode, because it gives better video quality and optimizes file size. If some scene in a video is simple for encoding it uses less bitrate, more complex scenes may use higher bitrate. It works like Quality in saving of JPEG images. So I highly recommend to use Quality mode, but Bitrate mode. Using Bitrate mode you have to manually calculate it's optimal value according pixel size of a video picture, refresh rate, type of scene. Quality mode is very smart and performs all this job for you.

Greetings Igor,

When the WMV clip is played in VLC or WMP, the audio is in sync. When I play it in the PTE Player, the audio is out of sync.

When I converted (no trimming) the WMV clip using Quality, the  audio is not in sync (as opposed to your results). This WMV clip was created using CyberLink Screen Recorder of a Tivo file and the default output was WMV. I see now that I could have chosen MP4 as the output format. I'll give that a try to see if it makes a difference with the sync.

Yes, I choose Bitrate 8000kbit/s to get a higher bitrate than what Quality produces. HQ gives only 2258kbit/s. Yes, it gives a optimized (smaller) file size. I will go back and try some tests on better video clips to see the difference. It would be nice to use HQ and get smaller file size but good results. I forget you reasoning but once you recommended using 8000bit rate for something. Not sure now what it was about.

Gary

Gary,

I will check WMV playback and rewinding later.

In Quality mode, video encoder uses optimal bitrate according video picture. Usually 100% value is quite enough. In Custom mode you can set 150% quality value, if you feel that need more bitrate.

I never use Bitrate mode last 6 years for any video encoding.

30 minutes ago, Igor said:

Gary,

I will check WMV playback and rewinding later.

In Quality mode, video encoder uses optimal bitrate according video picture. Usually 100% value is quite enough. In Custom mode you can set 150% quality value, if you feel that need more bitrate.

I never use Bitrate mode last 6 years for any video encoding.

Igor, I have been misunderstanding what you have been saying about the 'Quality' mode. I finally see the  light! When you said 'Quality', I thought  you were talking about settings using 'High, Medium and Low Quality'. I now see it is the choice in the 'Custom'/'Bit Rate and 'Quality' menu. Thanks for the added info about the ability to set the quality value to '150%'. It made me take a closer look at the menus.

Learn something most every day... I'll do more testing to see the results.

Thanks... Gary

• 1 year later...

Just spotted this thread and I have the same problem with Studio 10 freezing on publish project. Have to log out of computer and reset in again to remove the frozen display. I still have PTE version 9 and then load same project without alteration to that version and can publish to MP4 or whatever successfully. Have checked computer memory - no issues. Did contact help desk who tried to resolve but patience got the better of me and back to publishing in version 9 until I can sort out if its an issue with my computer or not. Havn't yet tried loading up just visuals without audio to see if that works. Will have a go after reading above.

JOHN