WnSoft Forums

Transition with video background

tom95521

I have never tried using a video in a transition before. It was created in PTE AV Studio 10 Pro but seems to be compatible with PTE 9.

There are many other free background videos that you might enjoy.

https://pixabay.com/users/tommyvideo-3092371/?tab=videos

Larger than 3 MB forum upload quota so here is link to my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ne0bpJDRwU31qrMoLP6col5xOXtI9uNd/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

Hi Lin,

Video in custom transition is limited to preview and videos, not in the exe file format. It also makes a larger .pteeff transition file (.zip) due to the video background. It might work for animated snow, water, clouds, etc.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

There is no need to include a video in a Custom Transition.

Explore the possibilities available when you add a Video to the Splitter for Background Objects and use Master and Linked Video.

If the Video is longer than the duration of the slides it will continue behind the slides and one of my Advanced Flips and Swaps Transitions will operate over the top of the background video.

Ideal if your output is MP4.

Quick 'n' Dirty example:

On my PC in PTE when I place the video below the splitter and the video duration is longer than the slide duration. Does background video work only with custom transitions or with any transition that does not cover the screen?

Tom

Tom,

The procedure works when constructed on the PC but when trying to create a Style gives me a problem, so please use the following Style and follow the instructions below - that should work.

Temp BG Style.ptestyle

Add three images to the Slide list

Highlight them all and Import and Apply the Style.

Take the created first slide into O&A.

Add a 30 second video to the Splitter in slide 1 and set it to Master Video Track.

Copy the Master Video and paste it to the Splitter in the newly created slides 2 and 3.

I will need to ask Igor to check out a Template of this to see if there is some sort of bug or if I am doing something wrong in order to create a Style which includes the Video.

DG

Hi Dave,

I understand now. I was not linking to the master video properly. This might work great with my bird transition except I will need to change it so the bird is flying out on slide 1 (with only the video background remaining) and then flying back in on slide 2. I think that would work with a title slide with transparent png background also. The things you can do with PTE are amazing.

Thanks,
Tom

Test of a simple fade out with delay before fade in transition with slide 1 transparent png with text.