WnSoft Forums

PC - MAC Integration

JEB

The use of “save to zip” enables individuals working on PC’s to collaborate over the production of PTE shows.

With the introduction of the MAC version of PTE will it be possible for there to be any degree of collaboration between the two platforms at the post production level?

John

12 minutes ago, jkb said:

Will you put back the create for Mac into the windows version?

Jill,

I think yes.

But I tend to recommend users create MP4 videos for Macs. And recommend create Mac executables only for a short use: for AV competitions, to show friends. Because nobody can guarantee long compatibility, Apple can break compatibility at any future update of macOS. And ARM version of Macs is coming.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 1:11 PM, Igor said:

Jill,

I think yes.

But I tend to recommend users create MP4 videos for Macs. And recommend create Mac executables only for a short use: for AV competitions, to show friends. Because nobody can guarantee long compatibility, Apple can break compatibility at any future update of macOS. And ARM version of Macs is coming.

Hi,

Removing the feature "create Mac-executable..."  wasnt good thing. It was crucial thing on my workflow; I did presentation on Windows desktop workstation and used my mac laptop to present the show. Now its impossible :(  

1 hour ago, PetriP said:

Removing the feature "create Mac-executable..."  wasnt good thing. It was crucial thing on my workflow; I did presentation on Windows desktop workstation and used my mac laptop to present the show. Now its impossible

Hi,

We had no choice for this. Old executable player for Mac doesn't work on new macOS Catalina.

I can offer you alternate solution for Macs with previous macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier:

1. Create new projects in PTE 10.

2. Install PTE 9.0.22 using your existing key from PTE 10 or PTE 9.

3. Open your project created in PTE 10 in old PTE 9 and build a Mac show for macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Projects in general are compatible between PTE 9 and PTE 10.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, Igor said:

Hi,

We had no choice for this. Old executable player for Mac doesn't work on new macOS Catalina.

I can offer you alternate solution for Macs with previous macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier:

1. Create new projects in PTE 10.

2. Install PTE 9.0.22 using your existing key from PTE 10 or PTE 9.

3. Open your project created in PTE 10 in old PTE 9 and build a Mac show for macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Projects in general are compatible between PTE 9 and PTE 10.

Thanks!   

Is there really a mac version coming ? That would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...