WnSoft Forums

Fading music to none at end of show

isabel95

It's been several years since I've used PTE, and in fact I've regularly updated and not even used the updates - shame on me!

Happy to report that the program is much better than when I last used it - very intuitive, but I can't figure out how to fade to no music.  It ends abruptly. 

Can you fill me in on how to fade to nothing?

TIA

Hi Isabel,

Go to the timeline (from the slide list). You will see a waveform representing the sound. There is an orange line (all defaults) click on this line with the mouse where you want the sound to begin fading. Move further to the right and click again where you want the fade to end and drag the little dot down to the bottom.. This should fade the sound completely..

Best regards,

Lin

timeline.jpg

Isabel

Even easier:

Go to the timeline view, then notice the little white L shape control in the top right-hand corner of the waveform. (see my screenshot)

1972761284_Screenshot10-31-201919_23_27.jpg.b6c220473a63aa5a0222360b58e82656.jpg

Just drag it to the left as far as you wish, to fade out the music.

My general approach is to drag the right-hand end of the waveform to the left so that it terminates just before the end of the slide, as you can see in the screenshot, then use the fade out control.

There is also a similar control at the start of the waveform so that you can fade in the music as well.

Regards

wideangle

(Does this topic need moving to General Discussion?}

This reply interface is a bit daunting.  I'd like to thank each one of you individually, but I'm confused about how to do so.

Thank you all for your input.  I will try all methods, some of which sound a lot less complicated than others! :-)

Hi Lin...Thank you so much for making this video for me.  Very helpful.

Very simple to the editing I do in Sony Vegas Movie Studio!

Really appreciate your customized help!

Why is replying on this forum so darned complicated?