WnSoft Forums

sound has to stop when new slide is shown

dwaalgast

I make slideshows about birds. On some of the slides I add a birdsound. How long I want to hear the sound depends on how long people, who are at the presentation, want to hear it. So, I cannot give the sound a fixed time.
What I want is that the sound stops when I go to the next slide.

How do i do that? Because now the sound continues when I go to the next slide.

I'm afraid there is no way that I'm aware of to do that If you stop on the slide manually.

You could set the audio time to the duration of the slide but then when that time has passed it will cease. There is no way to make it stop only when the subsequent slide is played.

Best regards,

Lin

Suggestion 1: Manually controlled slide show without continuous sound in the background, just slides with corresponding audio clips.
Synchronize slides and soundtrack. For each slide choose the duration to be  equal to the length of the corresponding clip. If necessary, loop the slide.

Suggestion 2: Manually controlled slide show with a continuous (asynchronous) sound in the background.
Do not synchronize slides and soundtrack. Use the audio tracks for the continuous sound in the background. Create low resolution videos with high quality audio parts from your local audio clips, and insert them into the corresponding slides (placed behind some image or outside the screen). Choose appropriate slide duration values, perhaps loop the slides.

In addition to JT49's suggestions, if you are willing to have an "only" manual advance, you could set a lengthy time for each slide display (say 4 minutes or so) and add your bird sound as an audio comment and repeat the sound to cover the full 4 minutes duration. Then if you advance manually before the 4 minutes has expired, the sound will cease and the next slide will appear. This would not be suitable for an automatically advanced show because of the long slide time for the ones with bird sounds, but it might solve the problem of having the sound cease when you advance to the next slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi dwaalgast

Try this:
Convert an image and a sound track, into a video, with PTE or other software.
Insert that video into your presentation. Now the sound belongs only to that image, if it changes the sound disappears.
This is just an unproven idea.

MUR

PS I tried it and works fine, then I made this and also works.

Capture.JPG

PTE x2.pte