WnSoft Forums

Mac file

Gerrit

In addition to Jill's coment... The reason that this feature was dropped in Version 10 is that Apple keeps moving the goal posts. Native Mac "executable Apps" which worked on MacIntosh operating systems a year ago, no longer work with their latest operating system. They are making some MacIntosh users unhappy because legacy software they have used for years is no longer viable with the latest OS.  When Apple makes changes which obsolete prior software it make it very, very difficult to create files which can be guaranteed to function. Go ahead and use version 8 or 9 to make Mac native apps and when the Native PTE Mac version is ready you will be able to use it to make Mac or PC executable files.

Lin 

Thank you for your answers,

Then make an MP4 file, disadvantage is that I sometimes go forward and backward during a presentation, you know a video player for the mac that I can set to a few seconds forward and backward, now it's often 10 or 30 seconds.

Gerrit

On 11/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, Lin Evans said:

In addition to Jill's coment... The reason that this feature was dropped in Version 10 is that Apple keeps moving the goal posts. Native Mac "executable Apps" which worked on MacIntosh operating systems a year ago, no longer work with their latest operating system. They are making some MacIntosh users unhappy because legacy software they have used for years is no longer viable with the latest OS.  When Apple makes changes which obsolete prior software it make it very, very difficult to create files which can be guaranteed to function. Go ahead and use version 8 or 9 to make Mac native apps and when the Native PTE Mac version is ready you will be able to use it to make Mac or PC executable files.

Lin 

PtE v9 was able to produce Mac-version that worked just fine with the latest Mac Os.   This was crucial element on my worklfow.  I did presentations on Windows desktop pc and used my Mac laptop to present them.  Now its impossible - making video is not a valid solution.

Continue using PTE 9 when you want to produce a Mac App until the Macintosh version of PTE is released.  Yes, it works on the current Macintosh OS but it will NOT work on the latest Mac operating system which is yet to be released. This is why the feature was discontinued. There are major changes being made to Mac which will make what version 9 can create obsolete. The developers have GOOD reasons for discontinuing - you'll have to take the developer's word - they know what they are doing..

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin, for detailed explanation.

Projects files of PTE 9 and 10 are mainly compatible (excluding slides with certain slide styles). You can create your project in PTE 10 and then open it in PTE 9 to build the executable show for macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier (not for Catalina).

You can use your existing license key from PTE 10 to activate PTE 9.0.22.

Later when Mac version of PTE 10 is ready, you will able use PTE 10 for Mac shows.