WnSoft Forums

Cannot Create Backup in ZIP, because of Duplicate File Names

jmG-06100

All other considerations aside, how much more difficult would it be to add a suffix to each different version of an image/file?

Putting different versions of a file in different folders with the same name is (IMHO) a recipe for disaster.

If Igor can rename each duplicate file in the BIZ AND change the path for the duplicated (renamed) file in the project .pte file in the BIZ, then that would appear to be the way to go for those who cannot organise their files better.

4 hours ago, davegee said:

All other considerations aside, how much more difficult would it be to add a suffix to each different version of an image/file?

I work this way for 10 years and never met any disaster.
When I want to use Pan and Zoom, I just have to change the name of the subfolder, from "Current" to "Original", and everything is OK.

Every day, all my files are saved in a separate cabinet using Acronis routines.
I have more than 120 projects organized this way.

Of course, my true original files (RAW, MOV, WAV...) are on a separate disk.

PTE.jpg

On 11/22/2019 at 3:04 AM, orizaba said:

Igor, would it be possible, when we add a file (photo or movie) to the timeline of a project, to have a PTE warning in case such file already exists in the timeline? Also showing its original location (drive and folder) in order that we can go for it. This way, no more problems with Zip and duplicated files. I think that PTE is able to do this.

Jose

I am still curious about this possibility. I think this way duplicated files do not exist anymore in the timeline, so no more problems with Zip process. By "duplicated" files, I mean one or more files with same name but in different drives or folders. Is PTE able to do this?