WnSoft Forums

Speed Modifiers

Will it be possible to make speed modifiers quicker to set.

Right click the Keyframe and have the  speed options available there perhaps

A Keystroke on a selected keyframe to set one of the speed options. Ctrl+

Could we set speed for multiple keyframes

Maybe a global preference setting, so a user who knows they will mostly use the smooth speed can set it for all

• 2 weeks later...
On 01.12.2019 at 5:03 AM, Barry Beckham said:

Could we set speed for multiple keyframes

Maybe a global preference setting, so a user who knows they will mostly use the smooth speed can set it for all

I join these wishes of Barry, the possibilities of controlling the speed of animation are currently significantly limited. Both for the default selection for the entire presentation (or slide), and for a group of key frames.

• 1 year later...

The way we used to be able to set Speed in earlier versions of PTE was so much simpler with the Graph.

We could link & separate keyframes & being visual was much easier to understand what would happen.
Having to use numbers I find more difficult.

Jill

Hi Jill,

I did a quick search before posting and I guess I misunderstood what speed modifiers Barry was talking about. I thought he was posting about video playback speed but instead animation speed, which is different.

My request is for adjustable video speed at keyframes like in the video above. A keyframe graph to set the speed would be great if that is an option. Maybe like timeline audio level adjustments.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, I agree that being able to change video speed via keyframes would be very useful.

But for other Speed Modifiers the way we could adjust them in V8 & earlier was so much easier.
We could also create our own user Speed Template.

SpeedV8.JPG.d8315e6dbe37fc0157de51af0dc0137a.JPG

I just find the graph so much easier to visualise the effect than the current way of having to type in numbers

Being able to group or split the speed over the keyframes was also much easier.

Hopefully Igor can bring this back in V11  :)

Jill

Sorry, but I cannot agree. I have always disliked the business of gluing and separating (and I avoided it by working with nested frames). I really prefer the tick boxes for keyframes. So, whenever I insert a new keyframe, I can define for which kinds of animations it should have an effect.

The speed modifier itself is not that fine, and I would prefer a graphical interface (but not with the simple linear accelerations as in the old version, but one where we could draw curves with the appropriate acceleration effects).