WnSoft Forums

PTE-AV-Studio 10 - Masks

I’m only part of the way through the posting of videos on YouTube. There are more to come and I add a few each day. On my website you can view the video on YouTube right on that same page, which is very convenient, or download the video to keep if its on a subject you’re keen on.

Having said that, I’m convinced most people find viewing them as a streaming video the best choice. Especially with the quality we can now achieve. I recall a stat I discovered on SSC a while back. For every 100 views of a slide show, only 14 downloads were made and that’s on an enthusiasts site. 

Barry,

At SSC it is possible to include a linked Youtube (or Vimeo) MP4 alongside the EXE for download.

I showed that this was possible some time ago. The "down" side is that you have to upload an EXE before being able to put the link in the Comments. It does not have to be "THE" exe - it could be just a dummy or an advert. But it allows for the addition of the link.

Example: https://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/151-physiognomyzip/?tab=comments#comment-296

DG

I hadn’t given that option much thought to be honest. I only mentioned SSC, because that statistic was a bit of an eye opener for me. It seemed to be saying even enthusiasts are either nervous of downloading, or couldn’t be bothered.

I’ll give it a try one day.

• 1 year later...