WnSoft Forums

Change times when creating transition

jienense

Hello everyone, this is my first post, a few days ago I am testing PTE AV Studio 10 I have liked it a lot, but I find it difficult to adapt because I am used to proshow, I am creating a transition with video mask that lasts 5 seconds I have modified the time interval from 0 to 5000 ms, but I find that when it reaches 2000 ms the image stops, you can tell me that I am doing wrong.

Forgive my English I've used google
Thank you very much.

2Zpm3.png

Hi Jienense,

What is the start time and duration of the video?  If you click on the video on the bottom right of your screen, in the Object's List then you can see what the start time and duration are set for for the video. If they are not zero and at least five seconds, the video will stop before your 5 second time has expired.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

It looks like there is sufficient time - if you want to zip the project and post a link, I'll take a look and see if I can determine where the problem might be.  Use the "File create backup in zip" feature and post the zip file. If you don't want to make the zip public, you can email me the link at "data2@lpbroadband.net"

Best regards,

Lin

Custom Transitions have a default of 2 seconds in which to complete the animation. 

Your video is 5 seconds - even adjusting the Time Range to 200% does not allow it to finish within the 2 seconds and it is being cut off.

You can create this transition within the O&A Window (instead of as a Custom Transition) and use the full 5.17 seconds of the Video in the Mask.

DG

Apply this style to a Blank image and take the second slide into O&A.

Add your video into the mask stencil.

Mariposa.ptestyle

Hi davegee
From what I have seen you are right it seems that the transitions are predetermined to 2 seconds and although the parameters change it does not work although I do not see it very normal.
The option that you recommend me I don't know if I understood it, would it be to create a style with the time of the video and then apply it to a blank image?

What I just saw is what he says about the adjustment of the time interval to 200%, but he is right even if it would not be enough, but I have increased it manually to 260% and that has been enough.

thanks for your help

Substitute an image for the blue rectangle and it's equivalent in the "transition (middle) slide".

Do the same with the red rectangle and it's equivalent in the "transition slide".

Add the video to the Mask Stencil.

You could then make a Style out of the result to simplify the whole process. 

The transition slide would have to be the same duration as or slightly longer than the video.

All transitions would then be quick - zero duration.

The only drawback is that any movement (animation) in Slide 1 would stop during the transition.

The "best" option is to create or modify the video clips to 2 seconds and create Custom Transitions which can then be increased in duration to the 5 seconds that you want.

I "think" that PTE will create a 2 second video clip from your 5 second clip by adjusting the duration and saving as a different avi (twice).I

Post a link to your video clip - I will try it.

DG

Here it is - done in PTE:

21 hours ago, davegee said:

The "best" option is to create or modify the video clips to 2 seconds and create Custom Transitions which can then be increased in duration to the 5 seconds that you want.

I just tried it but they just didn't look good, they don't fit smoothly, I'll see if there is another solution, but it was normal that custom transitions could be time-adjusted to 5 seconds instead of 2 seconds.

Thank you very much for your help

Works ok this end but I do not know what you are looking for.

It seems to me that if you want to use video of this kind  in a Custom Transition then it should be 2 seconds long for optimum results and no more than 4 seconds to be able to adjust it back to 2 seconds.

in the form that you presented it I had no trouble in creating the transition in a slide.

DG