WnSoft Forums

What are the benefits of the template?

stranger2156

Hello everybody,
I tried saving the presentation to a template, assuming that the template is a "container" for filling with user content. But I did not see significant differences between the template and saving a backup copy of the presentation. The same volume, the same pictures, and there, and there you need to manually change each new photo ... What is the need for such a template, if I do not have less "weight" (without replaceable pictures), and all replacements must be done manually , same as in the copy of the presentation?
For comparison. Having created the template in the PSP, I have the opportunity to select the desired number of photos and with one click add them to the template to the reserved places. And the template itself is greatly facilitated due to the lack of replaceable photos in it.

Best regards

Paul

If you set up your manage templates options you can, after completing a project, save a Template and have it instantly available from a drop down list in the file/templates menu for opening at any time in the future.

All images and audio are saved to the template.

That is how I use it.

DG

Hi Paul

Like you, I don't, and never have, seen much advantage at all in the use of these templates as they are designed at the moment.

I would much prefer to do a Backup in zip instead and go with the advantages and flexibility that it offers, such as being able to unzip it anywhere.

To me, a template should be just an outline skeleton of a project, taking up a lot less space, where you can insert items en masse quickly. 

The use of templates here is not like that, and the process of replacing images, one at a time is laborious., although I guess having a template just for a short opening or closing sequence is acceptable.

I think it would be much more beneficial if, at some point in the future, the templates feature was redesigned so that the template was just a skeleton and speed tools existed to fill up the vacant slots etc.

Regards

wideangle

21 minutes ago, wideangle said:

I think it would be much more beneficial if, at some point in the future, the templates feature was redesigned so that the template was just a skeleton and speed tools existed to fill up the vacant slots etc.

Hi wideangle,

Thanks for the comment, maybe this topic would be better to place in the wishes section for future versions. Although I'm not sure if this is easy to release, given the layered structure of the slide.

Best regards

Paul

2 hours ago, wideangle said:

Hi Paul

Like you, I don't, and never have, seen much advantage at all in the use of these templates as they are designed at the moment.

I would much prefer to do a Backup in zip instead and go with the advantages and flexibility that it offers, such as being able to unzip it anywhere.

To me, a template should be just an outline skeleton of a project, taking up a lot less space, where you can insert items en masse quickly. 

Hi WA,

It can be both, but the advantage,to me, is the instant access that Templates allow from within the currently open project(s).

DG

28 minutes ago, davegee said:

is the instant access that Templates allow from within the currently open project(s)

Hi DG,

Did I understand these words correctly that a template can be opened inside the current project? When you open the template, the current project closes, as I just tried ...

Paul

21 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

Hi DG,

Did I understand these words correctly that a template can be opened inside the current project? When you open the template, the current project closes, as I just tried ...

Paul

To do what I think you are suggesting it would be necessary to open a second instance of PTE, open the template from the Template Menu and copy and paste the result into the first instance.

A far simpler solution for that scenario is to save the "template" as a Style and Apply that Style to your project /slides.

DG

Templates are very useful.

I save all of my shows that way, as a backup.

It means all of my shows are in one place, my templates folder. You can choose where this is stored. And I can easily and quickly access any show from within PTE.

By copying the individual template folders to my laptop I then have the same facility there. Great when out giving talks and demonstrating.

You can set up different 'blank' templates for different shows, eg 4:3 16:9 or 3:2 depending on your image sizes. Including start and end slides if you wish. This means all your project options etc are already set.

The big advantage over zip is that you only take up one lot of space rather than having the zip and then the unzipped copies. But mainly to keep everything in one place and accessible from within PTE.

Jill