WnSoft Forums

PTE AV Studio Promo

Igor

• Igor pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

The demo slideshow is great. The only thing that might make it sell better in North America is a more regional voice. Barry has what I consider to be an Australian accent which is probably great for sales in Australia and the UK. I know game developers hire professional voice actors, but I don't know how much they cost.

I hope this comment does not offend Barry or other Australians. I just would like to see PTE  become more common in the United States. I'm sure a Mac version will help too.

Thanks,
Tom

I am not an English speaking person, but I very easily understand Barry's voice. I think it's important for potential PTE users who live in many countries.

Honestly, when I watch US or British movies without translations (or the most terrible case - TV news) I can understand only about 10% of speech :)

P.S. Queen's English

Tom.

No, I’m not offended, but this thread has amused me quite a bit and I can use a bit of amusement right now, so thanks for that. An Aussie accent? I don’t think so :D The Aussies here pick up in an instant that I’m not born and bred from these parts and ask me where I’m from. The Brits living here also pick up my accent instantly and many will guess pretty close what part of the UK I’m from.

For the American market I could make sure I use the words awesome and cool into every sentence, but then that infuriates me. I have been told by some ladies that they take me to bed some nights on their laptop (tutorials) and fall asleep at the sound of my voice. I’m not sure if I should be flattered, or offended that I send them to sleep :D:D:D

Hi Barry or perhaps Gday mate!

Some ladies might take you bed Barry but I don't.  I meet you for a coffee and a chat at your bungalow  or at Chancellor Park Coffee Club  when I am over there in Buderim but that's about it.

I remember Eric and Ernie in bed together and nobody said anything then but nowadays............Hmmmm??

Also Barry Beckham Australian??? That too is amusing.

Anthony 

11 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

Tom.

No, I’m not offended, but this thread has amused me quite a bit and I can use a bit of amusement right now, so thanks for that. An Aussie accent? I don’t think so :D The Aussies here pick up in an instant that I’m not born and bred from these parts and ask me where I’m from. The Brits living here also pick up my accent instantly and many will guess pretty close what part of the UK I’m from.

For the American market I could make sure I use the words awesome and cool into every sentence, but then that infuriates me. I have been told by some ladies that they take me to bed some nights on their laptop (tutorials) and fall asleep at the sound of my voice. I’m not sure if I should be flattered, or offended that I send them to sleep :D:D:D

Hi Barry,

If I close my eyes and hear your voice I think of Paul Hogan, not Paul Hollywood.  :)

I'm glad people think my post is amusing. People should laugh more often to stay healthy. :)

Fyi, awesome and cool are proper Californian dialect.;)

Thanks,
Tom

LOL - Barry's the "Mate" with the British "Bloke's" accent !!!  Actually, he does such a great job of speaking that about anyone who speaks English can easily understand him. 

I can't speak well at all after my stroke - one never misses the water until the well goes dry they say. Even when I could speak normally (for me), my voice wasn't well suited for making tutorials. I've always been amazed with the fact that Barry doesn't need any "fillers" (uh, ummm, etc.) and doesn't stumble over his words like the majority of us.

Best regards,

Lin

• 3 weeks later...

Barry Beckham

Tutorials with your voice - a sign of the company PTE AV. I am not an English-speaking person, but I understand good English. And I understand your speech. I like the timbre of your voice, it is calming. 

Lin Evans

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. And I understand your speech well too.

Thanks

Aleina.

• Igor unpinned this topic